Submitting a Number Transfer Request for non-RingCentral phone numbers can be done through your online account. This can be done for numbers that need to be transferred to RingCentral.
IMPORTANT: SMS service may be interrupted for 72 hours for those numbers bundled with the SMS feature while the number is ported into RingCentral. Only the phone number may be transferred to RingCentral for those bundled with DSL service.
This article shows how Account Administrators can submit a number transfer request via the RingCentral online account.
Log into your RingCentral account.
Click Company Numbers and Info.
Click Use My Existing Number.
Under the Use My Existing Number window, click the type of number that needs to be transferred to RingCentral.
NOTE: You may maintain a phone number with a current provider and have calls forwarded automatically to your RingCentral Account, select Forwarding Calls to Your RingCentral Number .
Depending on your selection, different steps apply. Click on the links below for specific instructions:
• Local US Number
• Canadian Number
• Toll-Free Number
• International Number
Transferring Existing Numbers for both Local US Number, and Canadian Number
The Pre-Check window has 7 preliminary questions which you need to answer with either a Yes or No.
Use the table below as a guide in answering the pre-check questions:
After answering all the questions, click Next.
Proceed to Step 6.
Enter your Billing Telephone Number, and then click Check.
This step checks the portability of your telephone number. Billing Telephone Number is the main number that is billed by your current provider.
IMPORTANT: If you are transferring numbers with different Billing Telephone Numbers, please create a transfer request for each Billing Telephone Number. If you are transferring a mobile number, please use the first phone number on your phone bill.
Enter the telephone numbers that you need to transfer to RingCentral, separating each telephone number by commas or semicolons.
You can transfer up to 100 telephone numbers at a time. If it includes the Billing Telephone Number, tick the box for I want to transfer my Billing Telephone Number.
If you are transferring more than 100 telephone numbers at a time, please contact project porting at email@example.com
to discuss your options.
Have your billing statement ready for uploading and then select Yes under the Pre-Check window.
NOTE: You need to have the latest bill ready first before proceeding with the number transfer request .
Enter the telephone numbers you need to transfer to RingCentral and then click Next. Separate each telephone number with commas or semicolons.
Under the Date & Mapping window, you have the option to select a temporary number to be replaced.
To learn how to Select Temporary Number, click here.
If not, click Next.
Proceed to Step 8.
To use your existing International Virtual Number with RingCentral, we require additional documentation including letter of authorization and proof of address. Please call RingCentral US at 1-800-820-3676 and 1-925-301-8209 for additional information on how to port your existing International Virtual Number
Under the Enter Numbers window, enter the Billing Telephone Number (main number of your account with your current provider) on the field provided and then click Check to verify. If the number that you are porting is also the Billing Telephone Number, you must tick the check box on I want to transfer my Billing Telephone Number option. Click Next.
• If you have more than 1 (one) billing telephone phone number, create a separate transfer request from each billing telephone number and the number associated with them.
• If you only have 1 (one) number on your account with your current provider, this would also be the billing telephone number.
NOTE: If you prefer to transfer multiple numbers, enter a number and click Add Another Number. US customers are able to enter their billing telephone number and up to 99 more numbers on a single request. Each number will be validated against the carrier of the billing telephone number. A remark will be indicated for these additional numbers.
Under the Date & Mapping
window, choose the transfer date and if you want to select a temporary number. Click Next
Do not to select a date that is a Federal holiday. Transferring typically takes 5-15
days, but can take up to four (4)
The system will display the first available date based on your service provider’s business rules. Greyed out dates cannot be chosen as these dates are not applicable for the service delivery of providers. You should set the exact date of transfer bearing no rejection from the losing carrier. In the event that the request is rejected, the transfer date will then be moved to a later date.Select Temporary Number
Once transfer date has been selected, you have the option to select a temporary number to be replaced. To learn how to do this, follow the steps below.NOTE: You have the ability to replace your temporary numbers all at once for up to 100 numbers. Temporary numbers are given to you when you first sign-up with RingCentral, this step allows you to map the temporary numbers to the numbers you wish to port. Once the porting is complete, the temporary number will be replaced by the ported number.
Click Select Temporary Number.
Under the Choose Temporary Number
window appears, select the number by clicking the radio button beside it. Click Next
Every temporary number assigned at purchase will be listed here.NOTE: The temporary number will be replaced after the number has been completely transferred to RingCentral. Extensions and calling rules that you have set up will remain in place after the transfer.
Review the number that is matched with temporary numbers. Click Next. Proceed to Step 8.
Under the Account Confirmation
enter the telephone number’s account information based from your service records. Click Next
.NOTE: Ensure that all necessary fields are filled in and all information is accurate to avoid rejections. If you are unsure of the account information stated above, contact your current service provider.
• Type of Account – Select Business or Residential.
• Name on Account – Enter the name of the individual authorized to make changes on the account with your current provider.
• Company Name – Enter the exact company name as it is on file with your current provider.
• Service Address – Enter the address where the physical phone service is. Please check that you are not entering the billing address if it is different as it will cause the order to be rejected. You must separate the service address into the respective fields. There are pull-down menus for pre-directional fields, and post-directional fields.
• Your Contact Phone Number– Enter the number where we can reach you if necessary.
NOTE: Certain carriers will require an account number which is separate from your billing telephone number and/or a PIN. If the number being transferred is a mobile number, you will need to enter the PIN provided by your carrier.
Verify the information you provided before you click Next. You may click the Back button to make corrections.
IMPORTANT: You must notify your phone company if you have any numbers associated with your current billing phone number otherwise, your provider may reject your transfer request.
Under Letter of Authorization, go over the terms and conditions and tick the I Agree check box. Click Next to complete the request.
NOTE: A Bandwidth Letter of Authorization will be generated for Neustar orders. For numbers that are not ported with Neustar, a slightly different Letter of Authorization will be generated.
Once the number transfer request is successful, a message prompt informs you of the progress of the number transfer request and other details. Click Complete.
Once you have completed the request online, you would be able to see the status of your request.
NOTE: To check for status updates of your number transfer request:
• Log in to your RingCentral account and look under Settings > Phone Systems > Company Numbers and Info.
• Locate for Pending Numbers. It will be shown on rightmost column. It contains the Order Number, Order Created Date, Requested Transfer Date, and the current Status of the order.
• If the rejection will occur, it will also be shown on the Order Details. Instruction on the issue and how to correct it will be also available on the Order Details section.
• You will also be notified if there is an issue with your request. You will be instructed to log in to your RingCentral account to address the issue.
• Once the firm order completion is received, the status will change to Transfer date Confirmed. This is the confirmed date your numbers will be transferred to your RingCentral account.
Number Transfer Request Frequently Asked Questions
Checklist to prevent Number Transfer / Porting Rejection