This article will guide you on how to setup and provision existing or third party devices through assisted provisioning.
If you have an old SIP Compatible IP Phone, you can use it with RingCentral. Refer to the list of tested deskphones with RingCentral.
IMPORTANT: There are certain conditions that these phones may be limited as far as making them work, so please check with your device's manufacturer for specific instructions.
Things to consider prior from performing this procedure:
• Make sure that the device is already unlocked from the previous provider
• Device must be SIP Compatible
• Secure any significant or necessary instructions or configuration like Codecs, from previous provider or the manufacturer
NOTE: Log in to your RingCentral online account as administrator to configure the following settings.
To do this, follow the steps below:
Log in to your RingCentral account.
Go to Settings > Phone System.
From the left panel, click Phones.
Select the Extension's DigitalLine.
Underneath Phone Type, click on > Setup and Provision.
NOTE: A pop-up window will appear for Assisted Provisioning – Step 1. Simply select the model of the phone that you're setting-up from the list.
If you have selected:
• Cisco/Linksys IP Devices, click Next, and proceed with the steps below.
• Polycom IP Phones, click Next, and proceed with the steps below.
• Other Phone, click on Next. It will change to a window labeled Assisted Generic IP Phone / Adaptor Provisioning – Finish. Here you will already see the SIP Configuration or information needed for Manual Provisioning. Don't forget to contact your manufacturer to know how to configure your phone using these configurations.
Cisco/Linksys IP Devices
It will take you to Assisted Cisco/Linksys IP Devices Provisioning – Step 2 window. Enter the IP Address of the device as instructed and click on Next.
NOTE: Notice a pop-up window showing the progress bar as it locates and provisions your device
Once it's done a confirmation will display that your device has been provisioned successfully.
Polycom IP Phones
IMPORTANT: There are discontinued phone models by Polycom which we refer to as Legacy Phones. Do not continue to perform Assisted Provisioning on these phones. These phones require Manual Provisioning. Refer to the list of tested deskphones with RingCentral.
It will take you to Assisted Polycom Provisioning – Step 2 window. Follow the instructions accordingly, then click on Next.
On the Assisted Polycom Provisioning – Step 3 window, enter the MAC Address of your IP phone then click on Next.
On the Assisted Polycom Provisioning – Step 4 window, follow the instructions accordingly to configure the phone itself to complete the process.
NOTE: Ensure that you have entered the required settings in Step 4 to avoid errors or failures.
Once finished, click Done. The page will refresh, and will redirect to your online account.