This article will guide you on how to send a fax using your email. You can use any email account, e.g., Yahoo, Gmail, or your company email, to send fax messages, provided that:
• Your email address is saved on your RC online account
• If the email address is not associated with any RC accounts, make sure that your email address is included on the trusted email addresses list. For instructions, click here
To do this, follow the steps below.
Open your email account, e.g., Yahoo, Gmail, or your company email to compose a message.
NOTE: In this example, Gmail is used.
Enter the 10-digit phone number of your recipient in the To: field followed by @rcfax.com.
QUICK TIP: You can also use the Add Cc: field to type in the fax number of the recipient.
The domain "@rcfax.com" is applicable to one (1)
to forty-nine (49)
recipients. For fifty (50)
recipients or more, enter the numbers of all the recipients in the To:
field followed by the domain "@rcfaxbroadcast.com". You will need to fill out a CCAF
form to use fax broadcasting. To learn more about fax broadcasting, click here
. Step 3:
Enter the Cover Page text in the Subject
The Cover Page details will depend on your default settings
. To learn how to set your default cover page, click here. If you want to know how to
customize the Fax Cover Page using the Softphone, click here.
IMPORTANT: A cover page will be sent even if you leave the subject line blank as long as the "Omit cover page when subject line is blank" is turned off from the online account.
Attach the document (s) you want to fax, and then click Send.
You have now sent a fax using your email.QUICK TIPS:
• To send a fax to an international number, enter (+) and the country code, followed by the phone number in the To: field, and followed by @rcfax.com.
• To send to multiple fax numbers, enter each number in the To: field separated by a semi colon (;) followed by a single space.
• You can also attach multiple files to your fax. Follow the instructions for your e-mail client.
Fax Frequently Asked Questions