Preventing File Attachment Issues
Check the following before sending your fax message:
1. Ensure that the attached files are supported. The file name of attached files should not include ampersands & or other special characters, such as @ # $ % ^ *.
2. Ensure that the number of pages does not exceed 200 pages per attachment.
3. Ensure that the total size of attached files does not exceed 20 MB.
4. If you need to send a file larger than 20 MB or a file with more than 200 pages, you may split it into multiple files and send those files separately to meet the above requirements.
Supported File Types
IMPORTANT: Macro-enabled files that require a macro to execute for the file to open are not supported.
• pdf (Adobe Acrobat / Adobe Reader) — all versions supported
NOTE: RingCentral recommends setting Adobe Acrobat Reader as the default PDF file manager/reader. Though there are some PDF Readers available on the internet, RingCentral strongly suggests using Adobe Acrobat Reader. Adobe Acrobat Reader is a free software and can be downloaded from Adobe's website.
• psd (Adobe PhotoShop) — version 3.0 and higher supported
• doc, docx, docm* (Microsoft Word) — supported on Windows: 95, 97, 2000, 2003, 2007 / Mac: 4, 5.x, 95, 98
• dot (Microsoft Word Document Template) — all versions supported
• mcw (Word for Mac) — versions 4 - 5.1 supported
• xls, xlsx, xlsb, xlsm* (Microsoft Excel) — versions 5, 95, 97, 2000, 2003, 2007 supported
• ppt, pptx, pptm* (Microsoft PowerPoint) — versions 4 and higher
• vsd, vdx (Microsoft Visio) — all versions supported
• pub (Microsoft Publisher) — versions 98, 2000, 2003 supported
• wps (Microsoft Works) — all versions supported
• wri (Microsoft Windows Write) — all versions supported
• awd (Microsoft Fax) — all versions supported
• tif, tiff, gif, jpg, jpeg, bmp, png, pcx, tga (Generic Graphic Formats) — all versions supported
• rtf (Rich Text Format) — all versions supported
• txt, log, h, cpp, c, err, hpp (Text Files) — all versions supported
• wk1, wk3, wk4 (Lotus 1-2-3) — all versions supported
• wq1 (Quattro Pro DOS) — all versions supported
• xml (Extensible Markup Language) — all versions supported
• html, htm (HyperText Markup Language) — all versions supported
• csv (Comma Separated Values) — all versions supported