Audit Trail - Overview | Administrators
Available to all RingCentral Office accounts, Administrators now have the ability to track the changes on the account. Go to the Audit Trail page and check changes made to the account and generate the report with filter options. You have the option to download the data recorded by the Audit Trail feature.
• Super Admin or Billing Admin Role is required to access Audit Trail.
• Audit Trail is enabled for all RingCentral Office accounts by default. Contact support to disable this feature.
1. Log In to your RingCentral Account
as an Administrator.
2. Go to Tools
> Audit Trail
3. On the Audit Trail Page you can filter the information by: Date
(up to the last 90 days).
to view other filter options: Change by
, Change to
, and Items Affected
to filter the audit trail with your specified parameters.
to set filters to default.NOTE:
Data is stored for a maximum of 90 days.
Captured data include:
• System Events: Login Success/Failed & Locked accounts (across RingCentral clients and Integrations)
• Phone System:
• Company Info: Company Address, Directory Assistance, CallerID
• Phone Numbers: Company, Assigned
• Auto-Receptionist: General Settings, IVR Menus
• Phones & Devices: User Phones, Common Area Phones, Paging Devices, Shared Lines
• User List: Users with extensions
• Roles: Roles
NOTE: Successful logins are tracked as a workaround to tracking changes not yet on the list. If the information you need is not yet tracked on the Audit Trail, you can just check the latest successful login to match with the changes you are trying to track.
4. Data will be displayed on the table based on the filters applied. Click Download
to download the Audit Trail data.
• Date/time - changes are logged using Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) and are displayed based on logged-in user’s regional timezone setting
• Change made by - person who made the change
• Role* - permission level of person who made the change
• Change made to - indicates which item was changed
• Item affected - indicates the configuration that was changed
• Change details - description of change
• Endpoint* - application name
• IP Address* - application IP address
* Indicates fields only available in the log download file (csv format)