Troubleshooting - RingCentral Phone (Softphone) does not ring when the User's extension receives Queue calls
Users can configure different rules for call forwarding. This can be done by creating Advanced (Custom) Call Handling rules in the RingCentral Online account.
Queue calls are not forwarded to the RingCentral Phone (SoftPhone) after an Advanced Call Handling rule was configured for a User's extension.
The issue happens only with queue calls: the RingCentral Phone (Softphone) does not ring when the call originates from a Call Queue. The RingCentral Phone (SoftPhone) rings when the User's extension receives direct inbound calls.
1. Open Call Handling & Forwarding
, then click Advanced
2. Click Edit
on the Custom rule/s.NOTE: The next steps will change the extension's current call handling settings. It is necessary to remember the settings for restoration.
3. Click Next
until you reach the section where you can Define Call Handling
4. Under Define Call Handling > Select action to take when incoming calls match this rule, click Forward Calls.
5. Under Call Handling
, enable My Desktop & Mobile Apps
by turning the switch On.
6. Click Save
to apply the changes.
7. Restore settings from step 1 (i.e. set My Desktop & Mobile apps to Off)NOTE: If the above does not fix the issue, proceed with the solutions below.
1. Leave the "My Desktop & Mobile apps" to On in the advanced rule.
1. Remove the advanced call handling rule from the User's extension.
RingCentral is aware of the issue and is working to resolve the matter as soon as possible. This issue is being tracked via JIRA CNV-21540.