How to add Shared Lines Group?
Account Administrators can add a Shared Lines group via the RingCentral Online account.
1. Go to Phone System > Groups > Shared Lines.
2. Click the New Shared Line button.
3. Under Setup, configure the following:
• Select a Location, select Domestic or International location.
• On Group Details, select your Site, provide your Group Name, Manager's Email, and Extension.
4. Select an Existing Number or add a New Number.
5. Click Add to Group when you have selected or added a new phone number, then click Next.
6. Select your preferred device — Recently Bought, Buy New Phones, or Select Existing Phone. Click Add to Cart after your selection, then click Next.
7. Select your Emergency Address or click New to add a new address. Click Next.
IMPORTANT: All phones in a Shared Line group MUST be located at the same physical address. Make sure you update the address every time you move the phone to a different location. This ensures that you can be found during an emergency.
NOTE: If you click New, provide your information and read the E911 (or Emergency Call Service) Registered Location disclaimer. Tick the box to acknowledge that you have read and understood the Emergency Calling for RingCentral Services, then click I Accept to proceed.
8. Provide the shipping address and make sure the information is correct. Select your Shipping Option, then click Next.
NOTE: You may click New to add another shipping address information. Enter your new shipping address information, tick the Save address checkbox and click Add. It is possible to store up to 7 additional shipping addresses for purchasing the devices for your account. You can also use in-country Emergency Address or RingCentral Billing address (if provided) for device shipping.
9. If you have the Cost Center Management feature enabled on your account, select your Cost Center Code or click New. If not, proceed.
10. Check the summary of your charges and fees, then tick the checkbox to acknowledge your order. Click Next.
NOTE: RingCentral has set limits for the protection of customers from fraudulent activities or over usage. You may get a message saying that you have exceeded the maximum allowed value that can be processed on your account in a single billing cycle. For security purposes, please contact RingCentral Customer Service to verify your Billing Information and request an account limit increase and proceed with your desired transaction.
11. An Order Confirmation page will appear. Click Print to have a copy of your order confirmation or click Done to exit.
A welcome email will be sent to the Shared Line Group Manager. The assigned Shared Line Group Manager can click on the links on the email to start setting up your Shared Line Group.
Shared Lines - System Requirements
Shared Lines - Group Settings
Shared Lines - Use