1. What is a User?
A User is anyone authorized to log-in to the RingCentral Contact Center Platform with a username and password. Each user is created a profile that requires the first and last name, username, email address, team and security profile. A security profile controls the tools and features that the users can access on the contact center environment which comes with three (3) default system profiles that can not be modified: Manager, Supervisor, and Agent. Custom security profile can be created and assigned to users if needed.
2. How do I review the users of the contact center?
With the right security profile, below are the steps to review the contact center users:
Click on Admin > Users > Users.
The User’s page will open. Click on the “Show” dropdown on the upper-right corner of the page to view either Active, Inactive or All users that are on the account.
Each user can be clicked on to check other details such as login history and audit history.
3. How do I download a report that shows the last agent log-in?
Data Download Report ID 350011 with a report Name Agent List would show the list of users with the last modified date, last login date and status. To get this report, follow these steps:
Click on Reporting/Analytics
> Data Download
> Data Download
Type in 350011 in the search box then click on the search icon.
Click on Report ID 350011, select date range, put a check mark on include field list and/or put a check mark on Append date to file name. Click Download
. The data will be downloaded in .csv file.
4. How do I create/edit a user?
5. How do I deactivate/activate a user?
6. How do I review agent login?
7. Do I need to manage users?
Yes, you need to manage users to ensure that those who have separated from the company are not able to access the contact center platform and to minimize the contact center user cost. Review your contact center agreement for the price per quantity as it may vary depending on the contact center plan for Basic, Advanced, and Ultimate. For more information, reach out to your account manager or customer success managers.
8. How do I review the peaks active users for a billing period?
The Billing Report can show an administrator the billing costs associated with running the system. Here are the steps to review the peak active users for a billing period:
With the right security profile, click the Reporting/Analytics
> Canned Report
Choose a date range then click on “Apply Options”. Contact Center invoices are being billed by peak usage on a calendar month. The “Start Date” and “End Date” on the invoice shows which calendar month is billed.
Click on Users
• The green bar represents the peak number of configured, active users for the date range.
• The red line represents the limit of users allowed in the Business Unit. If the number of users reaches the limit, then additional users cannot be created.
• The gray bars represent the number of configured, active users for the Business Unit.