Outbound Caller ID is a feature that displays your phone number to the party you are calling.
This article demonstrates how Users can edit their extension's Outbound Caller ID settings via the RingCentral Online account. If you are an Account Administrator and would like to setup another User's Outbound Caller ID settings, go to [Admin] Modifying a User's Outbound Caller ID.
NOTE: Before proceeding with the steps below, make sure that you are currently logged in to your RingCentral Online Account. See Logging in to your RingCentral Online Account to know more.
Accessing the Outbound Caller ID Settings
Click Outbound Calls/Faxes > Caller ID.
On the Caller ID section and decide what phone number you want to display as your Caller ID number for outgoing calls and other RingCentral features. Click Edit on the selected to modify, and then click Save when done.
Main Sections of the Outbound Caller ID Settings
Choose a number to display when you place outgoing calls from your Desk phone or RingCentral Phone with a Digital Line.
Choose a number to display when initiating an outgoing calls from RingCentral features such as RingOut or Internet fax.
Tick the checkbox to display your extension number when you place an outgoing call within your RingCentral account's Company Directory.
NOTE: The available features will depend on which RingCentral plan your RingCentral account is subscribed to, and the Role/Permission granted to your User extension by your RingCentral account's Administrator.
1. By Phone (Desk phone) - All phones (including softphone) with an assigned Digital Line are listed so you can configure the settings individually.
2. RingOut from Web - For information about this feature, go to Using the RingOut from your RingCentral Online Account.
3. RingMe (Outgoing to Caller) - For more information about this feature, go to Generating a RingMe Button or Link for your Website or Email Signature.
4. Call Flip - For more information about this feature, go to Using the Call Flip feature.
5. Fax Number - The Caller ID selected for this feature is applied to all outgoing faxes. For more information, check the Sending Faxes section of the RingCentral Fax Resources article.
6. Additional RingCentral Phone - For more information about this feature, go to Setting up the RingCentral Phone's Softphone Feature.
7. Common Phone - For more information about this feature, go to Hot Desking Overview.
8. Alternate Caller ID - If you select Toll-Free number or Blocked as your Default Caller ID for any of your endpoints/calling features, this section will allow you to select an alternate local number to use in case we detect that your call will not go through.
Outbound Caller ID Name Overview
[Admin] Modifying a User's Outbound Caller ID