Call Queue - Set a User's Do-Not-Disturb and Availability
You can change your Do Not Disturb settings via the following:
• RingCentral Phone Icon
• RingCentral Phone
• RingCentral Online Account
QUICK TIP: For instructions on setting up DND on your RingCentral Phone for Mobile, see RingCentral Phone for Mobile: Call Availability and Do-Not-Disturb Status.
RingCentral Phone Icon
Easily switch between Available, Busy, Do not disturb or Invisible statuses without opening the RingCentral Phone and without doing extra clicks. This is available via dock on Mac and the Windows tray icon.
1. Log in to RingCentral Phone.
2. Click on your RingCentral Number.
3. Set your Do Not Disturb settings with the following options:
1. Shows your Current Status. Click to customize your status message.
2. Choose Available to receive notifications and calls.
3. Setting your availability status to Busy lets other Users know that you are currently unavailable. When there is an incoming call, you will have the option to Answer, Ignore or send the call to your Voicemail. You can also forward the call to a Forwarding Number or send a message to the caller.
4. When you select Do Not Disturb, any calls will connect immediately to your voicemail.
5. Choose Invisible so other Users will not see whether you are Busy or Available.
NOTE: If you set your availability status as Invisible it will display as Offline for your Presence status.
6. Toggle the button ON to accept call queues. If turned ON, you can still receive notifications and calls going directly to your Extension even when your status is set to Busy or Invisible.
NOTE: The selected availability status is automatically applied to your extension. You can opt to switch to a different availability status by selecting your preferred option.
RingCentral Online Account
1. Log in to your RingCentral Online Account.
NOTE: Log in using the credentials of the extension you wish to set up.
2. Click your name at the upper right corner of your RingCentral Online account and set your availability status with the following options:
• Take All Calls
You will be able to receive notifications and calls from your RingCentral Phone and RingCentral Phone for Mobile.
• Do not accept call queue calls
You will still receive calls going directly to your extension, but you will not be able to receive calls from a department or call queue.
• Do not accept any calls
You will not receive any notifications or calls.
Presence enables you to detect the phone status of your colleagues and display on your desk phones. Presence-capable phones have status indicator lights which allow the Admins to see who is available, busy, or on hold. Administrators can configure Presence settings for QAs, Supervisors, and Managers alike who need to monitor calls made by other Users in real time. See Admin: Configure Presence Settings, to learn more.