The RingCentral Mobile app for iOS is packed with more features. Click on the links below to know more.
• Global Office New Countries Support
• Roles & Permissions Support
• New Languages Support
• Manage RingCentral Cloud Contacts
• Cloud Favorites
• Company Contact Photo Support
• Contact Profile Image
• Improved Interactive Notifications
• Support Features
• Inbound VoIP Calling
• Outbound VoIP Calling
• VoIP Call Reconnecting Notification
• VoIP Call Smart Recommendations
• Swipe Actions
• 3D Touch Support
• Spotlight Search for Contacts
• Share Voicemails/Fax Messages
Global Office New Countries Support
Global Office supports 6 more countries, which are now reflected on the RingCentral Mobile app: Austria, Belgium, Italy, Norway, Portugal, and Taiwan. The newly supported countries have flexible dialing plans and have localized conferencing dial-in numbers.
Roles & Permissions Support
Roles & Permissions settings and features based on the granted privileges can be viewed on the RingCentral Mobile app.
IMPORTANT: The settings can only be modified by an Account administrator via the RingCentral online account.
New Languages Support
The RingCentral Mobile app interface supports new languages such as French, German, and British English. New fax cover pages are available for each new language.
To learn more about this feature, check the following articles:
Changing the Language Settings from English to a Local Language
Outbound Fax Settings Overview
Manage RingCentral Cloud Contacts
Local contacts from your iOS and Android devices can be imported to the RingCentral Cloud. Managing your Cloud contacts (creating, editing, and deleting) can be done directly from the Mobile app.
For more information, please check the following articles:
Managing Contacts via the RingCentral Mobile app for iOS
Managing Contacts via the RingCentral Mobile app for Android
Easily add, remove, or manage your contacts in Favorites. Contacts you save on your Favorites list get automatically synchronized across your RingCentral Mobile app and Desktop app.
To learn more about how you can manage your contacts in Favorites, please check the article:
Adding and Removing Contacts from Favorites on your RingCentral Mobile app
Company Contact Photo Support
Your colleagues' contact profile images are displayed in your Mobile app. Company Contact photos can be seen in the Contact Info, Contacts, and Favorites sections. You can also see your coworkers' photos in the Incoming Call screen.
NOTE: Company Contact photos will be displayed in the Contacts and Favorites sections only after they are downloaded.
|Contact Info section||Contacts list section|
|Favorites section||Incoming Call screen|
Display Contact Profile Image
Contacts' profile images are displayed under Favorites, Contacts, as well as in the Spotlight Search (iOS only).
Improved Interactive Notifications
A Missed Call notification appears in the push notifications of your iOS device. This feature informs you when there is a missed call, without the need to open the RingCentral Mobile app. It lets you return the call or view your missed calls using the interactive notification buttons. The Mobile app's Call Log badge displays the number of unread missed calls.
A Join Now notification appears before the scheduled meeting or conference starts. A left swipe on the notification allows you to view the meeting details. On the other hand, a right swipe on the notification enables you to join the audio conference or online meeting right away with a single tap without entering the access code.
Send a quick reply to a RingCentral Mobile app text message straight from the notification tray without launching your Mobile app. This feature is available for iOS 9 or later.
Save time by sending custom reply messages to the meeting's host or participant/s to notify them about changes in your estimated time of arrival (ETA).
Incoming call notifications are enhanced with condensed wordings. An incoming call was previously displayed as "Incoming Call from." This was shortened to show "Call from." A concise call control button is available to avoid confusion.
For more information, please check the article:
Interactive Notifications on the RingCentral Mobile App
To learn more about Join Now, you may check the following articles:
RingCentral Desktop app Join Now feature Google Calendar Integration
RingCentral Mobile app Join Now feature Google Calendar Integration
• Supports one active VoIP call
• Mute, speakerphone and switch between calls
• Use a Bluetooth headset
• Add Fax Cover Page on FaxOut
• Active Call Controls: Call Flip, Transfer, Call Recording, and Call Park
• Print Fax messages
Incoming VoIP Calling
• Incoming VOIP calls is turned OFF by default for both Wi-Fi and 3G or 4G LTE connections
• Notification for the Desktop App and SmartPhone option must be enabled for inbound VOIP calling to work
• Rings on the mobile phone is the same with the desktop app, i.e. when you are receiving a call on your desktop app, if the incoming VOIP Calling is enabled, your iOS app will also ring, regardless if your iOS number is included in your forwarding numbers.
• Inbound VoIP rings along with the user's desktop app and continues to ring until Answered up or Rejected
• If the call is ignored, follows call forwarding rules as usual
• Reject action stops all forwarding rules and sends call to Voicemail if VM is enabled
• Voice quality on 3G/4G LTE depends on network data quality i.e., If the user moves away a from good coverage area to a bad coverage area (i.e. driving in a car), 3G calls may suffer voice quality
• Great way for mobile users to know whether an incoming call is a RingCentral call or not
• Inbound ringing profiles use iOS phone settings
• The ring tone is the same as the iOS phone ringtone
• Support for vibrate mode
Outbound VoIP Calling
• Outbound VOIP calling is turned ON by default for Wi-Fi connection
• Users have the option to turn ON outbound VoIP calling for 3G/4G LTE connection
• Calls default to RingOut if VoIP connectivity is bad
• Set Blocked Caller ID
VoIP Call Reconnecting Notification
When a VoIP call is disconnected, the call will be automatically reconnected. Users will hear a reconnecting sound, indicating the call is being re-established. You will also see a "Reconnecting..." notification in the Mobile app's active call screen.
VoIP Call Smart Recommendations
A notification appears when a poor network quality is detected. Smart recommendations are automatically displayed, presenting options to either continue with the current VoIP call or to switch to RingOut.
Swipe with Quick Actions
feature provides Users with quick commonly-used actions for handling Messages or Managing Favorites and Documents.
|Tab and Message Type||Swipe Action||Option|
|Messages Tab: Text, Voicemail and Fax Message||left-to-right||Mark as Unread|
|Mark as Read|
Call / Delete
Forward / Call / Delete
|right-to-left||Forward / Call / Delete|
|Documents Tab||right-to-left||Forward / Fax / Delete|
|Draft / Outbox||right-to-left||Delete|
Share Voicemails/Fax Messages
Click the Share icon while viewing and share the Voicemail/ Fax directly to any app.
|iOS - Fax||Android - Fax||iOS - Voicemail|