The RingCentral Intercom feature allows hands-free peer-to-peer conversations between users on desk phones. It enables you to call an individual extension and the destination phone automatically answers the call in speakerphone mode. Common use cases include: Executive call announce, call park notifications, and other hands-free communication. NOTE:
To learn how to set up the Intercom on your RingCentral account, go to Enabling Intercom on your RingCentral Online Account
• Intercom enables two-way, peer-to-peer communication between desk phones for users on the RingCentral system.
• Every desk phone comes with an Intercom soft key.
• Extension users can set permissions on their RingCentral account and determine which user(s) they can Intercom with.
• Desk phones ‘beep’ to notify you of incoming Intercom.
• Speakerphone is automatically initiated to enable direct, hands-free conversation.
• Intercom feature is instantly available once devices are assigned to extension users.