Configure a User's Messages and Notifications
Messages & Notifications Settings
The Messages & Notifications menu has three tabs (User Hours, After Hours and Settings). The After Hours tab is accessible if you set custom hours. The User Hours is set to 24 hours by default, but you can change this under User Details > Settings & Permissions > User Hours.
User Hours and After Hours tabs
The User Hours and After Hours tabs let you customize the user's voicemail settings. Tick the Enable box to Take Messages. You can use a default greeting or set a custom one by clicking Edit.
There are three ways to customize the company greeting: Record Over the Phone
, through the Computer Microphone
(upload a .WAV
Click Select Extension
to set the extension where the voicemail messages will be saved, and then click Done
The Settings tab has options to configure the user's Notifications settings. Click Edit to access these settings.
You can be notified by email or by SMS when you receive the following, depending on which options are enabled:
• Voicemail messages
• Received Faxes
• Missed Calls
• Fax Transmission Results
• Received Text Messages
Notification by Email
1. Enter the Email Address where you want the email notifications to be sent.
NOTE: You can enter multiple email addresses to receive the email notification by separating each using a comma.
2. Click Save when finished.
Notification by SMS
1. Enter the Phone Number where you want to receive the text notifications.
2. Select the mobile number's carrier from Select Carrier drop-down list.
3. Click Add
4. Click Save.
NOTE: If your carrier is not listed, you can contact your carrier to find out the email address by which you can receive text messages and enter it into the Phone Number field. For example email@example.com.
These options let you further customize your notifications by giving you the option to send notifications for each feature to a different email address and phone number.
1. Select Advanced Settings on the drop-down menu on the upper right hand corner of the Notifications window.
2. Click Customize Notifications to open the advanced notifications menu.
3. Enter the Email address and Phone number.
4. Click Done.
5. Click Save.