This article demonstrates how account Administrators can set this up via the RingCentral online account.
1. Log in as an Administrator to your RingCentral account.
2. Go to Admin Portal > Phone System > Phone Numbers > Click Forward Number.
3. Enter the Phone Number where the calls will be forwarded from.
IMPORTANT: Toll-Free Numbers cannot be forwarded.
4. You will have 2 options where the calls from your Existing Phone Number will be forwarded either to the Auto-Receptionist or to a specific extension. Choose between the two options, and then click Next.
When forwarded calls are routed to the Company Auto-Receptionist, Company Call Handling rules will be implemented.
When forwarded calls are routed directly to an Extension, the Extension's Call Handling & Call Forwarding rules will be implemented.
5. You will see a Confirmation window that your RingCentral account is ready to accept calls from your non-RingCentral number. Click Done.
IMPORTANT: On this page are instructions for Ordering Call Handling from your number's service provider. In order for RingCentral to receive calls from your non-RingCentral number, you will need to contact your existing number's provider to order the forwarding of calls to RingCentral. You can Print the instructions on the pop-up window.
Submitting a Number Transfer Request in your online account