This article will guide you on how to submit a Number Transfer Request in your online account. If you have an existing non-RingCentral phone number that you want to transfer to RingCentral, you can set this up through your online account.NOTE: You need to be an account Administrator to perform this action.To do this, follow the steps below.
Logging in to your RingCentral Online Account
Go to Phone System > Company Numbers and Info.
Click Use My Existing Number, then select Canadian Number.
NOTE: If you want to maintain a phone number with a current provider and have calls forwarded automatically to your RingCentral Account, select Forward my calls to RingCentral.
Enter the Billing Telephone Number
then click Next
If the number that you are porting is also the Billing Telephone Number, tick the checkbox on the “I want to transfer my Billing Telephone Number” option. If you are porting multiple numbers, click the “Add Another Number” option.
Choose your desired transfer date.NOTE:
If the number transfer request is does not have any rejection, this is the actual date that your provider will release the number to RingCentral.
Click Select Temporary Number
to view the list of your temporary numbers.NOTE:
The temporary number will be replaced after the number has been completely ported to RingCentral. If you do not want to replace your temporary number, the number that you are porting will become an additional line.
Enter the telephone number’s account Information based from your service records, then click Next
Tick the I Agree
radio button then click Next
to complete the request.
NOTE: To check for status updates of your number transfer request:
• Log in to your RingCentral account and look under Settings > Phone Systems > Company Numbers and Info.
• Locate for Pending Numbers. It will be shown on rightmost column. It contains the Order Number, Order Created Date, Requested Transfer Date, and the current Status of the order.
• If the rejection will occur, it will also be shown on the Order Details. Instruction on the issue and how to correct it will be also available on the Order Details section.
• You will also be notified if there is an issue with your request. You will be instructed to login to your RingCentral account to address the issue.
• Once the firm order completion is received, the status will change to Transfer date Confirmed. This is the confirmed date your numbers will be transferred to your RingCentral account.
For detailed instructions on how to check the status of a Number Transfer Request, click here.