TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Can I switch to RingCentral but keep my current phone number?
2. How do I know if my phone number is eligible to be transferred?
3. What information is needed to transfer my number?
4. How do I check the status of my current number transfer?
5. Should I first cancel my current phone service?
6. How long does it take to complete a number transfer?
7. Will there be any loss of service during the transfer process?
8. How will I know if you need more information about my transfer?
9. How do I know when my number will be activated?
10. How do I make sure that what I have entered to my number transfer request is the correct information needed?
11. How do I know if my documents were already submitted to my provider?
12. What if I want to transfer multiple telephone numbers?
13. What is the number to call if I have questions about my number transfer request?
Yes. You can keep your current number by transferring it from your current provider to RingCentral.
Check with your current service provider that you are out of contract. Log in to your RingCentral account, and submit a Number Transfer Request. A Number Porting representative will get back to you.
You'll need the following information when submitting a number transfer request:
• Name of the Account Holder (authorised to make changes to the account)
• Company name
• Company Registered Number
• Service Address (Physical address where the telephone number currently rings)
• Service Provider name and address
NOTE: All the information must match exactly what’s on record with your current phone provider. If there’s a mismatch, the transfer will be delayed.
Log in to your RingCentral account. You’ll see the status of your transfer request at the top of the screen. You can also call RCUK Customer Care at 0800 014 8091 and select the option to reach the Porting Department.
No. Wait until the transfer is complete to cancel your phone service. Your number must be active with your provider for it to be transferred to RingCentral.
The process takes around 30 business days to complete after the request has been placed through RingCentral. The timing relies on your current service provider. The transfer can take less than 30 days to complete or longer for more complex requests. Providing accurate information when filing a transfer request helps speed up the process.
Depending on the number type, the telephone numbers will be unavailable for up to 3 hours on the day of transfer. To find out your number type, call RingCentral Support at 0800 014 8091, and select the required menu option to reach the number transfer team.
We’ll email and/or call you if we need more information to complete your transfer request. You’ll also see a notification at the top of the Overview screen in your RingCentral account.
RingCentral will notify you through email after we received the release date from your provider.
Ensure that all necessary fields are filled in and all information is accurate to avoid rejections. If you are unsure of the account information stated above, contact your current service provider.
An email notification will be sent to you stating that we have submitted the number transfer request.
You need to specify the Billing Number for each telephone number on the Letter of Authorization.
You will call our RingCentral UK Support Hotline at 0800 014 8091.