This article will discuss the Paging feature. The Paging feature
enables business’ real-time one-way broadcasting through multiple desk phones and overhead paging devices. It is commonly required function in many industries, such as warehouse, hospital, retail, etc.
NOTE: This free feature is only available to all RingCentral Office Edition in US and Canada. Additional phone device purchase is available.
• Enables real-time announcements to a combination of desk phones and overhead paging devices.
• One-to-many communications
• Plug and Page. Connect to your SIP-based paging devices and start paging, without the need of complicated installation and configuration of analog-to-digital converters.
• Compatible with RingCentral Polycom and Cisco phone models.
• Increase communication efficiency. Broadcast announcements, as well as emergency alerts, to the entire organization or selected peers.
• Eliminating the need to call individual employees with the same message.
• Easy creating/adding/modifying paging group over the cloud, anywhere, anytime.
• 100% SIP digital paging devices compatible. Save cost from installing additional converters for analog devices.
• Flexible options for grouping desk phone and/or paging devices based on your business needs.
• No additional cost by using existing IP desk phones.
Supported paging devices
• Polycom and Cisco deskphones
• CyberData V2 Ceiling speakers (for indoor) and V2 Paging amplifiers (for outdoor use)
• Cyberdata V3 Paging Server with Nightringer function
This feature is available on your RingCentral Online Account and enables Administrators to do the following:
Add a Paging Only Group
Select the Devices to Receive Pages
Select the Users allowed to page the Group
Provision a Paging Device
IMPORTANT: Before going through the steps below, you need to log in to your RingCentral Online Account as an Administrator.
TIP: Open an image in a separate tab or zoom the page to make it bigger.
On the Admin Portal page, click Groups under Phone System.
Click Paging Only tab and then, click the New Paging Only button.
Enter your preferred Extension Number and Group Name in the provided fields and then, click Save.
Click Yes to configure it immediately. You will immediately be redirected to the Paging extension you have created.
On the Info page you can modify the Extension Number, Group Name, and disable/enable the extension.
On the Paging page you can modify the Devices to receive page or select the Users allowed to page this group.
Click Paging, then click Devices to receive page.
You will be able to see the list of paging-capable phones.
Select the phone from the list of Devices to Receive Page and tick the box on the left of your selected devices.
Click Save when done.
Click Paging, select Users allowed to page this group.
Select the phone from the list of Users Allowed to Page this Group and tick the box on the left of your selected devices. Click Save when done.
Go to Phone System > Phones & Devices. On the Paging Devices tab, click the Add Device Button
Specify the Device Nickname for your paging device, and then click Next. The Device Nickname makes it easier for you to identify the paging device.
Follow the instructions on the page and click Done.
If your device is provisioned correctly, the Status on your Device Details will show Online.
Paging Frequently Asked QuestionsMaking a Paging Call using the RingCentral Mobile app