TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. What is a Paging Only group?
A Paging Only group is a collection of paging devices and/or desk phones that can receive a paging call. It allows a business to make a real-time announcement to multiple desk phones and/or overhead paging devices. Typically a Paging group is designed to create certain coverage in a building (i.e. “Warehouse” or “2nd Floor”). Paging Only groups have an assigned extension but cannot receive or originate voice calls.NOTE:
To learn more about the paging feature, see Paging Overview
2. Will it be additional cost to add this feature?
No. This feature is included for free in all Office Editions NOTE:
The Entrepreneur Edition does not support this feature.
3. Which RingCentral service supports Paging feature?
All RingCentral Office Editions (except Entrepreneur) and Tiers for US, Canada UK supports the Paging Feature.NOTE:
This includes RingCentral Office Standard, Premium, Ultimate and Unlimited Editions.
4. What desk phone models support Paging feature?
All RingCentral models:
• Polycom: SPIP 321, SPIP 331, SPIP 335, SPIP 450, SPIP 550, SPIP 560, SPIP 650, SPIP 670, VVX101, VVX201, VVX300, VVX301, VVX310, VVX311, VVX400, VVX410, VVX411, VVX500, VVX501, VVX600, VVX601
• Cisco: 7841, 8861, SPA-303, SPA-504G, SPA-508G, SPA-509G, SPA-514G, SPA-525G2, SPA525G
• Yealink: T42S, T46S
5. What overhead paging devices support Paging feature?
RingCentral Office supports native SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) paging devices. The only models supported are:
6. Can I purchase these overhead paging devices from RingCentral?
No. These paging devices can be sourced from Telecom / VoIP equipment resellers. Many of these can also assist with installation.
7. Can Paging be used on the RingCentral Phone or RingCentral Phone Mobile App?
Your mobile devices and desktop app cannot receive pages. Paging feature is only available on desk phones and supported paging devices. However, you can dial DTMF (Dual-tone multi-frequency signaling) code *84 to page
a Page only group.NOTE:
You need to enable the VoIP Calling mode on your mobile device in order to use Paging.
|Paging Device||Incoming Page||Outgoing Page|
|RingCentral Phone||No||Dial touch-tone code *84.|
|RingCentral Phone Mobile App||No||Dial touch-tone code *84.|
Go to Contacts > search for Paging only group > tap Page icon.
8. Do paging devices require a digital line (DL)?
No. These devices can be provisioned to the system without a DL since they cannot originate or receive regular telephone calls.
9. How many devices can I add to a Paging Only group?
RingCentral Office supports up to 25 phone desks and paging devices per one Paging group.
10. Can I set up the permission for announcing and receiving pages?
Yes. Your Administrator can help create specific Paging groups that indicate the permission for announcing and receiving the broadcasts.
11. Are there special bandwidth requirements for the Paging feature?
Yes. Each device receiving a paging call consumes the equivalent of a single G.711 phone call i.e. a call to a Paging group containing 10 devices/phones will create a bandwidth load of 11 G.711 calls: 1 for the originating phone and 10 for all the group devices. NOTE:
In this release the bandwidth settings for desk phones are ignored for paging calls i.e. all paging calls operate in the high-bandwidth setting.
12. What is difference between Paging and Intercom?
Paging is one-way broadcast one or multiple devices/users while Intercom is peer-to-peer, two-way communication between two devices/users.
13. How do I invoke the paging feature?
Paging can be invoked the following manner:
• Desk Phones
Press the <Page> soft-key on supported Polycom or Cisco desk phone models and follow the prompts.
Dial *84 and follow the prompts
• RingCentral Phone
Dial *84 and follow the prompts
• RingCentral Phone Mobile App
- Dial *84 and follow the prompts (VoIP calling mode enabled).
- Go to Contacts > search for Paging only group > tap Page icon.
14. Can I use a more efficient method of paging?
Yes. You can dial *84#nnn#
is the extension number of the Paging group. This will bypass the prompt for the Paging group.
15. Can Paging calls be recorded?
Yes. ACR can be enabled for a Paging group and the call recordings will be available to the Administrator via the activity log. User who initiates a paging call will not see the recording in their activity log.
16. What happens if my desk phone receives a paging call while I am on phone call?
If you see a new incoming call with the Caller ID of a Paging group and you answer this call, you will be connected to the paging call already in progress.
17. Is there a maximum duration for a paging call?
18. Can unassigned desk phones be included in a Paging group?