RingCentral’s HIPAA-compliant solution
ensures that customer calls and messages are secure with encryption in transit and at-rest, along with other features, protecting patient data and guarding against unauthorized access to protected health information. When activated, this setting will enforce temporary-only storage of the customer's voice and fax messages and voice messages for a maximum of 30 days.
You must be the Account administrator to have access to this setting.
Log into your RingCentral account.
Click on Tools > HIPAA Conduit Setting.
Tick the Activate HIPAA Conduit Setting box.
The following settings will take effect once this setting is activated:
• Automatic forwarding of messages to email as an attachment is disabled
• Automatically delete faxes, voice mails, SMS messages and voice recordings at 30 days
• Session Timer - Automatically log out the account access if it has been idle
• Secure Voice - TLS/SRTP secure call on desk phones, RingCentral Phone and RingCentral Phone or Mobile
• Encryption for storage on server, RingCentral Phone and RingCentral Phone or Mobile
Business Associate Agreement
|Comply with HIPAA via Conduit Setting ||✓||✓||✓|
|Standard Business Associate Agreement ||n/a||Office 20+ Contract||Office 20+ Contract|
|Custom Business Associate Agreement ||n/a||Office 100+ Contract||Office 100+ Contract|
Viewing Messages on the RingCentral Phone for Mobile