Multi-level IVR - Set up | RingCentral
When a call to your company's main number comes in through the Auto-Receptionist, it plays the company greeting that you have set up in your IVR Settings. It may be either the default greeting or a custom greeting. A custom company greeting, such as the example below, works when the appropriate IVR Menus are set up. For the IVR Menus to work, you must switch the Auto-Receptionist from Single-level to Multi-level IVR.
NOTE: The Multi-level IVR feature is available to RingCentral Office Standard, Premium and Ultimate customers in the US, Canada, and UK. Up to 250 IVR Menu can be added.
Sample Custom Greeting
Add an IVR Menu
1. Log in to your RingCentral Online Account
2. In the Admin Portal
, go to Phone System
, then click Auto-Receptionist
3. Click IVR Menus
, then click New IVR Menu
4. Enter the Extension Number
and Extension Name
. Click Save
. You will be redirected to the IVR Menus page.
Setting up the IVR Prompts
1. To set up your IVR Prompts, click the IVR from the IVR Menus list.
2. Click Prompt.
3. This section is where your Custom Company Greeting goes. Your two Prompt Mode options are:
If you choose this option, you need to add a prompt to the Prompts Library.
The prompt may either be a pre-recorded custom company greeting in .mp4 or .wav format that you need to Import to the system or a real-time recording via phone or your computer audio under Record Prompts.
If you choose this option, you need to type in your custom company greeting, which is what the customers will hear when they call your company number via text-to-speech.
NOTE: Text for this prompt must contain only letters, digits, spaces, commas, and dots.
Setting up the Key Presses
In this stage of the IVR Menu configuration, we're going to add the rules that would direct where the calls should go to. For example, press 1 for sales.
1. Click Key Presses.
2. Click Add Key. The Key Press Assignment window will open.
3. For Key Press 1, it needs to go to the sales department. Under Action, select Connect to. In the search box, search for "sales".
4. Select the "Sales" call queue, then click Save at the bottom of the window.
5. Key Press 1 is now added to the list.
Adding Key Presses
1. Now we need to add key press 2, 3, and 4 for "leave a message", "dial-by-name directory", and "schedule appointment" respectively. To do this, click Add Key.
a. Key Press 2
Under Action, select "Transfer to voicemail of", then select the desired extension where you want the call to go to. For this example we will select "After Sales Inquiry". Click Save at the bottom of the window.
b. Key Press 3
Under Action, select "Connect to Dial-by-name directory". Click Save.
c. Key Press 4
Under Action, select "Connect to", then select the desired extension where you want the call to go to. For this example, we will select "Appointments Specialist". Search for "appointments", then select the "Appointments Specialist" extension.
2. Click Save
at the bottom of the window.
3. After following these steps, all four key presses will be listed on the Key Presses page.IMPORTANT:
In the example above, the "After Sales Inquiry" and "Appointments Specialist" extensions should have been previously set up.
Check Adding User Extensions to your RingCentral Account
to learn how you can add additional extensions to your account.
Activating the IVR Menu
For the above IVR Menu to work it needs to be activated.
1. Click General Settings, then select Multi-level from the drop-down list.
2. A warning page will pop-up. Click Continue.
3. Select the top level IVR menu you wish to use. For this example, we will select IVR 2. Click Save.
4. Verify that the IVR Menu is activated. On General Settings, click IVR Settings. It should now appear as Company Hours Top Menu, with the added IVR selected.
Changing the Company Fax/SMS Recipient
The IVR menus and call handling rules control the routing of voice calls. It does not control the routing of fax and text, thus SMS or fax sent to a number will not be routed the way voice calls do. SMS and fax sent to numbers that route to an IVR will go to the Company Fax/SMS Recipient defined in the IVR setting.
NOTE: Administrators can access Company Fax/SMS Recipient by going to Admin Portal > Phone System > Auto-Receptionist > General Settings > IVR Settings.
To view or change the company fax/SMS recipient, perform the following steps:
1. Expand the IVR Settings menu.
If already expanded, scroll down to Company Fax/SMS Recipient.
2. Click Select Extension then click Done.
3. Verify that the correct extension is selected. Click Save.