Sending Faxes: Using Email
1. Ensure that your email address is set on your RingCentral extension. For more information on how to set this on your RingCentral Online account, go to Setting User Details.
2. Ensure that your email address is added to your extension's Trusted Email Addresses List for sending faxes. For instructions, go to Admin: Adding a trusted email to send faxes.
IMPORTANT: Ensure that your email address is added to only 1 extension's Trusted Email Addresses list. If your email address is added to more than 1 extension's Trusted Emails List, RingCentral will not be able to identify which extension is sending the fax, thus the fax will fail to send.
3. Ensure that you are sending the fax (email) to less than 50 recipients, otherwise, make sure that Fax Broadcasting is enabled.
Email-to-Fax lets you send fax messages to up to 50 recipients per batch by default. In order to send a fax message to more than 50 recipients at a time, you can request to have Fax Broadcasting enabled by sending RingCentral a Credit Card Authorization Form (CCAF).
Fax Broadcasting is a term used to define sending a fax message to more than 50 recipients at a time. If Fax Broadcasting is disabled and you want to send a fax message to 150 recipients, for example, you can send the fax message in 3 batches (50 recipients per batch).
• To send a fax to an international number, enter (+) and the country code, followed by the phone number in the To: field, and followed by @rcfax.com.
• To send to multiple fax numbers, enter each number in the To: field separated by a semicolon (;) followed by a single space.
How to send fax via email
1. Open your email client, then compose a new message.
2. Enter the 10-digit phone number of your recipient in the To: field followed by @rcfax.com.
You can also use the Cc: field to add more recipients.
NOTE: The domain "@rcfax.com" is applicable to one (1) to fifty (50) recipients. For fifty-one (51) recipients or more recipients, you will need to fill out a Credit Card Authorization Form (CCAF) to enable Fax Broadcasting.
3. If you want to include a note and send a Fax Cover Page, type it in the Subject field of the email. See Send Fax via Email – Use a custom cover page for more information.
NOTE: The Fax Cover Page details and design will depend on what is set on your extension's Outbound Fax Settings. You can also configure your Outbound Fax Settings to remove the cover page when the email subject is blank. For more information, go to Admin: Configure Outbound Fax Settings.
4. Attach the documents you want to fax.
• Ensure that the attached files are supported. The filename of the attached files should not include ampersands (Example: &) or other special characters. For more information, go to Supported File Attachments for Faxes. Ensure that the total size of attached files does not exceed 20MB.
• You can also attach your customized fax cover page. See Send Fax via Email – Use a custom cover page to learn how you can customize your own fax cover page.
• Ensure that the email body is empty. Remove your signature, images or footnotes.
5. Click Send. You will receive an email confirmation containing the fax transmission results.