Call Handling & Forwarding - Set Call Forwarding for your Business hours
Configure another User's Call Forwarding for Business hours
4. Click Call Handling & Forwarding
5. Under User Hours
> Incoming Calls Forward in this Order
, configure how you want RingCentral to handle the User's incoming calls. If incoming calls will be offered to multiple forwarding numbers, you can choose how the calls are offered to the forwarding numbers. Forwarding numbers can ring Simultaneously
(one at a time).
6. By default, the RingCentral Desktop & Mobile Apps
will always be the to first ring even when you select simultaneous ringing. If you want the calls to be forwarded straight to the User's desk phones and other forwarding numbers, you can disable Desktop & Mobile Apps
from the forwarding numbers list by turning the Active Switch off (Gray switch
means the forwarding number is disabled).
7. To add non-RingCentral numbers to the User's forwarding numbers list, there are 3 pre-labelled slots (Home, Mobile and Work) that you can use. You can also click the Add Call Forwarding Phone
button to add 7 more slots with labels (Phone Name) you can customize.
8. To forward calls to another extension user's phone, click the kebab button then select Forward to Other's Phones
. Select the phones from the list on the pop-up page, and then click Done
9. Set the number of rings for each phone and forwarding number on the list. Five (5) seconds is equal to approximately one ring.
10. OPTIONAL: Rearrange Forwarding Numbers and Create Ring Groups
11. Click Save
Next Step: Configure a User's Incoming Call Information - Admin.
Configure another User's Call handling settings for After hours
4. Go to Call Handling & Forwarding > After Hours.
NOTE: If the User's hours is not yet set, you will be prompted to set the User's hours by clicking Yes.
5. Under After Hours, decide how you want the user's calls handled. You have 4 choices.
• Send callers directly to voicemail - Select if you want calls to go directly to the user's voicemail.
• Play announcement and disconnect - Select if you want to play a recorded greeting, then immediately hang up. You can also customize the recorded greeting by clicking on the Edit button right under the announcement.
• Forward Calls - Select if you want to forward the call to one or multiple phone numbers simultaneously or in a specific order and have the User's greeting settings apply.
• Unconditional Forwarding - Select if you want to bypass RingCentral's greetings and forward the call to an external phone number (non-RingCentral number). A box is provided where you can enter the phone number.
6. Click Save.