RingCentral Phone - Audio Conferencing Overview
Conference calling allows you to set up, host, and join conference calls on your computer, as well as your desk phone, smartphone, or tablet. This is ideal when you need to set up a conference call immediately. To set up scheduled meetings in advance, use the RingCentral Meetings app.
To start a conference call, first Log in to the RingCentral Phone > Click Conferencing.
Next, on the Conferencing screen, you will see the following settings.
1. Dial-In Number - Depending on your location, select the Dial-In Number from the drop-down list. This number is what the Host and Participants will call to join the Conference.
2. Host access code - This is used when the Host joins the conference call by dialling in the Dial-In Number on a deskphone or mobile phone. The host will be prompted to enter the Host access code. When a user starts the conference on the RingCentral Phone, they are automatically the Host, and will not be asked to enter the Host access code. The Host access code permits the Host to manage the Conference via Touch tone commands.
3. Participant access code - The Participant access code allows participants to join the Conference. Participants also have access to Touch tone commands to manage their Conference settings.
4. Include additional dial-in numbers - When sending invites to International Participants, you have the option to Include additional dial-in numbers, so your International Participants can dial a local number where they are located. You can select up to 20 numbers. A link with the complete list of available dial-in numbers will be automatically added to the invite. See sample email invite and text invite below.
5. Join before host - When turned on, participants can join the Conference even without the Host.
6. Invite with Text - Allows the Host to invite Conference Participants via Text message on the RingCentral Phone.
7. Invite with Email - Allows the Host to invite Conference Participants via Email.
8. Start Conference - Allows the Host to start the Conference immediately after clicking the button. He may then Add participants or send a Text or Email invite.
RingCentral Phone Desktop - Audio Conference | Invite Participants
RingCentral Phone Desktop - Audio Conference | Add Participants in Ongoing Conference
RingCentral Phone Desktop - Audio Conference | Start Conference
RingCentral Phone Desktop - Audio Conference | Join Conference as Participant