Deskphones - Cisco | Configure Cisco SPA8000
RingCentral pre-configures every ATA device we sell, so you can plug them in and use them to make calls as soon as they arrive. The Linksys SPA-2102 ATA, configured with one port to handle a single line, supports RingCentral features, such as message waiting (with a stutter dial tone) and call waiting. RingCentral recommends purchasing multiple single-port ATAs for multiple lines.
Third party ATA devices (not provisioned by RingCentral) lack some of these features. If you decide to purchase and install a Linksys 8-port ATA (SPA-8000), configure the device to work with your RingCentral service using the instructions below.1. Connect your ATA
2. Set up your RingCentral account
3. Record configuration information from RingCentral
4. Configure your ATA
Make sure your bandwidth and network configuration supports the number of lines you plan to use. Visit our QoS page
for more information.b.
Follow the manufacturer's instructions to:
• Attach the power supply.
• Hook up the device to a high-speed Internet connection with an Ethernet cable.
• Connect each phone line to your phone system. If available, you can also use the large RJ-21 connection to connect all your lines with one cable.
• Turn on the ATA device.
a. After purchasing your lines, log in as an Administrator and go to Phone System > Phones & Devices. You will see a list of the lines you purchased.
b. Click on the Line that you wish to configure for your ATA, and then click Setup and Provision, then Other Phone for each line you wish to provision on your ATA.
Copy each of the five fields shown in Figure below:
NOTE: Select the Outbound Proxy based on the location of your device then copy the SIP settings.
a. Make sure your ATA is online and connected to the Internet.
b. Open a web browser on your PC and browse to the IP address of the device. To determine the address of the ATA device:
• Connect an Analog Telephone to the Phone 1 or Phone 2 port on the ATA device. (You may not hear a dial tone.)
• Press **** on the keypad to access the IVR menu.
• Press 110# to determine the IP address.
c. Select the WAN Setup tab to configure Internet access. In most cases, the default DHCP settings will work. Contact your network administrator if you need help with this part of the configuration.
d. Select the Voice tab to configure voice settings.
e. Select Admin Login in the upper right to switch to Administrator view. Then select Advanced view.
Note: You won't need to enter a password if you are connected by Ethernet. Otherwise, enter the User Name and Password, or see the Linksys User Guide for Default Password information. The default Username and Password are: admin/admin.
f. Select Line 1 to configure line 1 as shown in Figure below:
• Enter the SIP Port value between 5060 – 5089.
• Enter the SIP Domain value from your line settings into Proxy and Registration, Proxy Field (sip.ringcentral.com) excluding the ‘:5060’.
• Enter the Outbound Proxy value from your line settings into Proxy and Registration, Outbound Proxy Field (sip20.ringcentral.com:5090).
• Enter the User Name (the phone number of that line) value from your line settings into Subscriber Information section, Display Name and User ID fields.
• Enter the Password from your line settings into Subscriber Information > Password.
• Enter the Authorization ID value from your line the settings into Subscriber Information > Auth ID.
• Set Subscriber Information > Use Auth ID to Yes.
• Repeat step 4 for each line you plan to use (L2, L3, etc). The SPA-8000 supports up to 8 lines.