Cost Center Management - Overview
RingCentral's Cost Center Management allows Administrators to create a hierarchical structure of billing codes that reflect their organization by department and/or location as well as RingCentral account, and allocate incurred expenses across that structure as a way to better understand and assign cost.
IMPORTANT: You need to contact your RingCentral Account Manager to have this feature enabled on your RingCentral account.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
• Allow to create codes for groups of users, departments or locations. Each transaction activity can be assigned to a specific group for better budget control.
• Flexible in billing management; create code on the fly; change or reassign codes anytime.
• Save time with easy bulk upload with predefined codes.
• A nationwide car dealer has multiple offices. Each regional location is responsible for its profits and expenses. The company has set up cost center codes for each department in each location to track expenses.
• The Admin creates the Cost Center hierarchy for each department that maps the company’s accounting system. For example, COL-X291 for Sales, COL-X292 for Marketing, COL-X293 for Services, etc. in Columbia office.
• When the Columbia office requests to purchase 3 desk phones and additional subscription for new sales, the admin will enter the proper cost center code (e.g. COL-X294) for this transaction.
• At the month end, Accounting is able to book the expenses in the right department at the right location.
To add a new Cost Center Code, click Billing > Cost Center Management > Add Code Center Code > Enter your preferred Name and Billing Code (optional), then click Save.
When you Add Users and Phones, you will have the option to assign the same cost center code for all the items purchased or assign the purchased items individually to cost center codes. You can also create a new Billing Code by clicking on the Add New Code button.
You can view your Billing Items by clicking on your Cost Center Codes. You can click on Billing > Cost Center Management > select the Cost Center Code that you wish to view, and then click on Recurring Billing Items.
You have the option to update all your Billing codes at a time. You can click on Billing > Cost Center Management > select Update all Billing Items > then you will be presented with additional steps:
Download the Template or Send the template to your email.2.
Fill Out the Template.
To prevent errors when uploading the Template, follow the recommendations below:
• Follow the instructions in the Template carefully and ensure that information is accurate properly assigned and formatted.
• Use the allowed file format: xlsx, xls
• Do not make changes to any columns highlighted in Gray.
• Do not change the order of the columns, delete any columns, add any new columns.
Avoid making changes to the account before uploading the template. Any changes to the account before uploading the template will cause the error: Not a valid itemId
Upload the filled out Template.
• The Template will only contain Cost Center Codes which were previously setup in the Service Portal under Billing > Cost Center Management tab.
• The Template is not for adding additional Cost Center Codes. If you would like to add additional Cost Center Codes, it can be done in the Service Portal under Billing > Cost Center Management tab.
• You will be presented with the error list (if any) and you will have the option to download the file, fix the errors and re-upload.
• You will always have the option to fix any assignment mistakes one at a time by logging into your account.