The list below shows some of the best practices in getting accurate Address matches to ensure that your shipment will arrive on time.
• Use Correct Spacing - Make sure spaces are placed correctly and avoid unnecessary spaces.
• Use Correct Spelling - Eliminate spelling and typographic errors. Make sure you have the correct usage of the number zero (0) and letter O.
• Avoid Special Characters - Refrain from using special characters not required for the address, such as periods after abbreviations (St vs. St.)
• Provide additional Address and Street Information - Providing additional address information can increase the accuracy of address results.
• Building or House Number: 1, 1A, One
• Street Name: Main, 42nd, George Washington
• Street Suffix: Road, Avenue, Rd, Ave
• Enter City, State/Province and Postal - Providing all address information will increase the accuracy of your results. The ZIP+4 portion of the Postal Code is not necessary to check an address.
• Use Correct Abbreviations - The United States Postal Service and Postal Authorities in other countries define standard abbreviations for State/Province, Street suffix, and Apartment/Unit designations. A non-standard abbreviation may cause poor search results. If you are unsure about an abbreviation, do not use it.
• Company - Providing a Company Name may improve your results. Some addresses have specific Company Names assigned to them. By including the Company Name in your transaction, Address Validation can search for that Company and Address.
• If unsure of your Address, your Billing Address typically will match the address that appears on your monthly credit card or bank statement since that is typically automated with proper postal formatting. Be sure to check your statement for accuracy.
• Leave fields blank if they don't apply to your Shipping or Billing Address. Do not enter "N/A", "Not Applicable", "None", "Same", etc.
• Enter information in the appropriate fields. For example, do not enter City and State information in the Address Line 2 field; use the provided City and State fields instead.
• Avoid using Accent Marks or non-English characters. Our systems can't process Chinese characters, Cyrillic letters, etc., and entering these into any of the address fields may delay shipment of your packages.
• Do not enter shipping or delivery instructions in any of the address fields, the full correct address is what is needed only.