Corporate Directory is a feature from RingCentral that is integrated with your company directory, so you can easily find your colleagues by search from the Corporate Directory.
To access the Corporate Directory on a supported IP Phone, use the designated soft key on the phone. This may vary across phone models.
When searching for First Name or Last Name, results are displayed as a list.
• Polycom IP 321, 335, 550, and 650
• Polycom VVX 101, 201, 300, 310, 311, 400, 410, 411, 500, 501, and 601
• Polycom Soundstation IP 5000, 6000, and 7000
Corporate Directory Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I create and activate a Corporate Directory?
Activating a Corporate Directory requires no other steps on your RingCentral Online Account. When you add Users or Extensions in your account, all RingCentral provisioned desk phones that support the Corporate Directory feature should be rebooted to reflect the updated Corporate Directory.
2. Do I need to reboot my phone after this feature is activated?
Yes. When a new User is added to the account, all phones should be rebooted to see the updated Corporate Directory.
3. What is the difference between Contact Directory and Corporate Directory on my Polycom Phone?
Your Polycom phone comes with a category called Contact Directory which allows you to add any contact/phone number locally. Corporate Directory is a new feature from RingCentral that is integrated with your company directory, so you can easily find your colleagues by search from the Corporate Directory.
4. When will Cisco phones support the Corporate Directory feature?
We are currently working on supporting this feature for Cisco phones. There is no confirmed date when it will be released.
5. I have my own Polycom phones, will Corporate Directory show on my Polycom phones?
If your phone model is included in the supported phones list, and have been provisioned with the RingCentral service, you will see the feature after your phones are rebooted.
6. How do I go to the Corporate Directory?
Accessing the Corporate Directory will depend on the model of your Polycom phone.
On the IP 335:
Press the More soft key > Dir > Corp Dir... > Search > enter the Last Name or the First Name of the person you are looking for > press Submit.
On the Polycom VVX Series:
Press the Home button > Directories > Search > enter the First Name or the Last Name of the person you are looking for, using the numeric keypad > Search.
On the Polycom IP650:
Press Direcotries > Contact Directory > More > Search > enter the Last Name or the First Name of the person and then press Search.