Glip | Administration
The Administrators section lists all of your company's Glip administrators (admins). By default, the first person at your company to sign up for Glip is an admin. The person who makes the payment when you subscribe to Glip's Standard plan also becomes an admin.
When you mouse over an admin's entry in the list, a gear menu appears at the right with options to remove the person's admin rights or view their profile.
Admins on Glip can:
• Remove people from your company on Glip, whether its a co-worker or guest. Non-admins can only remove people that have been added, but haven't actually signed up yet.
• Unlock accounts that have been locked for too many failed login attempts. You'll see a red Unlock button next to entries on the People page that have been locked.
• See all guests (i.e., people not on your company's private email domain) on the People page, whereas non-admins can only see guests that they are in a conversation with.
• Delete posts made by other people. Note, though, that admins can't delete posts from conversations in which they aren't a participant.
• Assign admin privileges to other co-workers.
• Export company data, although this can be limited to a subset of admins. See Compliance Exports for more information.
This section contains administrative settings that apply to your entire company on Glip.
• Enable Telephony Service to allow Users in your RingCentral Office account to use Glip Desktop and mobile apps for calls, voicemails and text messages. When enabled for the account, all Users in the account will be able to use the telephony functionality. To guide you with enabling Telephony Service, go to How to Enable Glip's Telephony Service.
• File Sharing - Controls which services may be used to share file. Glip administrators may select which file sharing options their employees are allowed to use. They can shut them all OFF or only allow employees to use a specific service, such as Dropbox. When specific services are turned OFF, they are no longer available for selection in the various places you can upload files (for example, in the Compose menu, or the Attach Files menu when creating a task, etc.).
• Allow Giphy Sharing? - Determine whether or not users can share GIFs from Giphy and, if so, what is the maximum rating allowed.
• Allow off-domain co-workers? - Allows admins to determine whether or not people without an email address on the company's private domain can be added as a co-worker. Obviously only applies to companies with a private domain (i.e., not webmail companies). If a company doesn't allow off-domain co-workers, those people are automatically added as guests.
• Allow employees to add people to Glip? - Invite controls allow admins to determine whether or not employees can add people (either co-workers or guests) to Glip. If admins don't allow employees to add people, all of the places where you can invite people to Glip are suppressed unless the user is an admin.
• Allow employees to sign up without being invited? - Join controls allow admins to indicate that people with an email address on their company’s private domain can no longer sign up and automatically get added to their company on Glip. When they go to sign up, they’ll get a popup that says that their request has been sent to their company’s admins. An email will be sent to the company’s Glip admins asking them to invite the given person.
Data Retention Policies
By default, all messages and content on Glip is kept forever, but data retention policies allow you to have messages automatically deleted after a certain period of time. See Message Storage and Account Data Retention.
Export your company's data on Glip, for either compliance purposes or just peace of mind. See Compliance Exports for more information.
Glip | Overview