RingCentral Meetings Plugin for Microsoft Outlook
Key Features and Benefits
• Boost productivity by starting a web meeting within Outlook.
• Click to schedule a meeting with dial-in bridge and online meeting access within Oultook.
• Automatically syncs meeting with the RingCentral Meetings App.
• No need to copy and paste RingCentral Meetings details to your calendar.
• Cancel a meeting in Outlook and the meeting is automatically removed from My Meetings list in the RingCentral Meetings app.
NOTE: The plugin will still be installed successfully even without the RingCentral Meetings app installed on your system. However, when you attempt to schedule a meeting, or start a meeting, it will prompt users to download and install the RingCentral Meetings app to the latest version. Also, in order to start or schedule a meeting, the user has to be logged in to RingCentral Meetings.
Follow the steps below to know how to download, install, and use RingCentral Meetings Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook.
Download and Install the RingCentral Meetings Plugin
Go to the Downloads page and locate RingCentral Meeting Outlook Plugin to download for PC or for Mac.
Open the file you downloaded to begin installation. Restart Outlook after the installation to complete the process.
Scheduling a RingCentral Meeting within Outlook
1. On your Outlook app's ribbon, under the Home tab, click the Schedule a Meeting icon. This will switch to the RingCentral meetings app.
2. Fill in the required information on the meeting invite as you would normally do on Outlook. The RingCentral Meetings URL will be auto-generated in the Location field, which is also included in the default text in the body of the invite. Click Send when done.
NOTE: You can also configure the Location field for presenting the Meeting link.
The meeting will automatically synced with the RingCentral Meetings app.
NOTE: When a RingCentral Meeting is canceled from the Outlook calendar, it will be automatically removed from the RingCentral Meetings app. However, if the meeting is deleted from the RingCentral Meetings app, the changes will not impact the Outlook calendar.
Starting a RingCentral Meetings within Outlook
1. On Outlook's ribbon, under the Home tab, click on the Start Instant Meeting icon to launch RingCentral Meetings. Select between Start with video or Start without video.
2. Click Invite to manually invite participants.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where can I get the plugin?
You can download the plugin from RingCentral website and go to the Downloads page. You need to restart Outlook after installation.
2. What are the system requirements?
Mac OS 10.7 or higher
Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011 (14.4x or later)
RingCentral Meetings v.3.7 or later
Windows 7 or higher
Microsoft Outlook 2010 or later
RingCentral Meetings v.3.7 or later
3. When I cancel a meeting from RingCentral Meetings, why does it not remove my meeting in Outlook Calendar?
Currently, the integration works only the other way around. When you delete a meeting from your Outlook Calendar the same meeting synced with RingCentral Cloud will be removed from My Meetings list in the RingCentral Meetings app.
If you delete a meeting from your RingCentral Meetings app, it will not remove the same meeting from your Outlook Calendar.
4. Do I need to have a RingCentral account in order to use the integration?
Yes. For RingCentral Office Accounts, you will need to be on a RingCentral Office Standard, Premium, or Ultimate plan in order to start and schedule an online meeting from Outlook.
For RingCentral Meetings Accounts, it is available for Free, Essentials, and Advanced Accounts.
RingCentral Meetings: Configuring the Meetings for Desktop Settings
RingCentral Meetings for Desktop Host Controls
Starting and Joining a Meeting with RingCentral Meetings for Desktop