Setup 3rd Party/BYOD Polycom phones to work with RingCentral | Assisted Provisioning
NOTE: List may change. Check this article for an updated list: RingCentral - List of Supported Phones
Requirements before you proceed to setup your phone:
• Make sure your Polycom phone is supported by assisted provisioning: Check if your phone is listed - RingCentral - List of Supported Phones
• IMPORTANT: If you purchased your device from a different provider, make sure that the phone is unlocked before you proceed.
You may encounter an error that the phone is not registering with RingCentral. This may mean that the phone is locked with your previous provider. Please contact your previous provider's support to have the phone unlocked.
• You need to add a Local Phone Number and assign the Phone number to your Desk phone before you can configure your phone via assisted provisioning.
How to setup/provision your Polycom phone
1. Log in as an Administrator to your RingCentral Online Account.
2. Go to Admin Portal > Phone System > Phones & Devices
3. Under User Phones, look for the Existing phone > click Setup and Provision.
Checking the Status of your Phone
To check if your Polycom phone is Online
after assisted provisioning, go to Admin Portal > Phone System > Phones & Devices > User Phones
. Your phone is Online
when you see a Green Check
next to it.