RingCentral for Google - How to Fix Web Phone Unavailable Error
|Sip Error: WebRTC Error screenshot||Web Phone Unavailable Error screenshot|
Fix Web Phone Unavailable Error - Solution 1
For first-time users, RingCentral for Google or RingCentral for Office 356 will prompt for microphone access when you try to make an outgoing call. Click Allow
when this happens.
If you are unable to see the prompt, follow the steps below:
1. Open your Gmail, Google Calendar or Outlook.
2. If the RingCentral for Google or RingCentral for Office 365 is blocked, you will see an icon on the Address Bar indicating that the page has been blocked from accessing your microphone. Click on this icon to configure the access settings. If you are unable to see the icon, you can manually delete the RingCentral for Google extension from Google Chrome browser's exception list. For instructions, go to Fix Web Phone Unavailable Error - Solution 2
3. Click on Always allow
, and then click Done
Fix Web Phone Unavailable Error - Solution 2
If you are unable to see the icon indicator on the Address bar, you can manually delete the app. This will allow Chrome to give you a prompt as if you're a first time user. To do this, follow the steps below:
1. Click on Chrome's Menu button, and then select Settings.
2. Scroll down, and then under Advanced > Privacy and Security, click on Content Settings.
3. Click Microphone.
4. Look for RingCentral for Google
, and then click on the litter bin
to remove it from the list.
5. Launch the RingCentral for Google extension.
6. Click on the Web Phone Unavailable
7. You should get a prompt to allow RingCentral for Google to use your microphone. Click Allow.