RingCentral for Skype for Business allows you to make and receive RingCentral calls, send and receive SMS texts, initiate RingCentral online meetings and audio conferences—all within Skype for Business.
Key Features and Benefits
• Connect with anyone. Make and receive calls directly to any number or your contacts within Skype for Business
• Intuitive interface lets you handle multiple calls with call controls to switch among calls.
• Additional call control for quick call transfer, flip and recording.
• View messages and exchange text messages with any number or contact with a full conversation view without leaving the Skype app.
• Start an online meeting or conference call within the app. Send a text to anyone with your meeting invitation.
• Your Presence reflects to your phone status. Your colleagues can view your availability within Skype for Business.
• Integrated to support local dialing and phone number formatting for Global Office users.CompatibilityInstalling RingCentral for Skype for BusinessSettings PanelAuto Version Update
Supported Operating Systems:
• Windows 7 32bit & 64bit
• Windows 8 32bit & 64bit
• Windows 10 32bit & 64bit
• Surface Win10 64bit Skype for Business version:
• Skype for Business 2015
• Skype for Business 2016 [back to top]
NOTE: Skype for Business
must be installed on your device to in order to install the RingCentral app.
RingCentral app for Skype for Business shall be launched once installed successfully.
• The RingCentral app for Skype for Business will be docked on the Skype for Business window.
• The RingCentral app for Skype for Business will be displayed in start menu and system tray.
[back to top]
You will be able to see the following options when right click on a Skype for Business contact even without logging in. NOTE:
If you click any of the options before logging in, the log in window will appear.
When the user right-clicks the RingCentral icon from the system tray, the following options will appear:
• Log In- This is available if the user has not logged in to their RingCentral service.
1. When the user clicks Log In, the RingCentral login page displays and allows the user to log in.
2. When the user enters the correct credentials and logs in to their RingCentral service, the login page will be closed and the message You have logged in to RingCentral service will display near the system tray.
3. After login, the user will see Log Out instead of the Log In option on the settings panel.
4. If the user clicks Log In before initiating and logging in to Skype for Business, the message Please log in to Skype for Business before you use this App will display near the system tray.
Local dialing for Global Office Users
Set Region: select the proper dialing plan by specifying country and area code on Settings > Region page.
• The available dialing plan options (shown as countries) are those that have been purchased by the account with digital lines.
• User can select the country they locate in from the ‘Country’ dropdown list. Default option is the country of the company’s main number.
• Area code setting applies to CA and US only.
E.164 format all phone numbers in the ‘To’ and ‘From’ fields and login account.
Do local dialing by entering short number in the To field, app will add the country code w/ area
code to the number following the Region settings of the logged in user.
For example, a UK Global Office user who selects the corresponding dialing plan for the UK will no longer need to dial 011442035551212 or +442035551212 and can now simply enter 0203551212 or 203551212 to call that local number.
• Log Out- When clicked, the user will log out of the RingCentral Service and the message You have logged out RingCentral Service will display near the system tray.
• Open- this is clickable only after the user has logged into their RingCentral Service. When Open successfully opens the app window, the user can schedule a RingCentral Meeting or Conference, or enter a phone number to initiate a call, or send an SMS.
• About- when clicked, a popup window will show the app version info and a button that allows the user to update the software.
• Exit- When clicked, the app will close and the app icon will no longer display in the system tray. If the user logs out or quits Skype for Business, the user will be logged out RingCentral Service automatically.
[back to top]
The RingCentral for Skype for Business app shall prompt the user to update when there's new version. The prompt will read:
You may either Continue or Cancel the update.
a. If user clicks Continue, then Skype for Business and the RingCentral for Skype for Business app will close and the auto-update will proceed.
b. If user clicks Cancel, the prompt will close and the update will not proceed. The next time the user logs into the RingCentral for Skype for Business app, the update prompt will be displayed again.
You may also choose to Skip this update in the prompt box. If the user checks this, then the prompt will not be displayed until the next version of RingCentral for Skype for Business is available.
[back to top]