RingCentral for Skype for Business Overview
Supported Operating Systems:
• Windows 7 32bit & 64bit
• Windows 8 32bit & 64bit
• Windows 10 32bit & 64bit
• Surface Win10 64bit
Skype for Business version:
Installing RingCentral for Skype for Business
When the you right-click the RingCentral icon from the system tray, the following options will appear:
• Log In - This is available if you have not logged in RingCentral service.
- When you click Log In, the RingCentral login page displays and allows the user to log in.
- When you enter the correct credentials and log in to the RingCentral service, the login page will be closed and the message You have logged in to RingCentral service will display near the system tray.
- After login, you will see Log Out instead of the Log In option on the Settings panel.
- If the you click Log In before initiating and logging in to Skype for Business, the message Please log in to Skype for Business before you use this App will appear near the system tray.
• Log Out - When clicked, you will be logged out of the RingCentral Service and the message You have logged out RingCentral Service will be displayed near the system tray.
• Open - This is clickable only after you have logged into the RingCentral Service. When opened successfully, you can schedule a RingCentral Meeting or Conference, or enter a phone number to initiate a call, or send an SMS.
• About - When clicked, a popup window will show the app version info and a button that allows you to update the software.
• Exit - When clicked, the app will close and the app icon will no longer display in the system tray. If you log out or quitSkype for Business, you will be logged out RingCentral Service automatically.
[back to top]
Auto Version Update
The RingCentral for Skype for Business will prompt you to update when there's new version.
You may either Continue or Cancel the update.
• If you click Continue, then Skype for Business and the RingCentral for Skype for Business app will close and the auto-update will proceed.
• If you click Cancel, the prompt will close and the update will not proceed. The next time you log into the RingCentral for Skype for Business app, the update prompt will be displayed again.
You may also choose to Skip this update in the prompt box. If you check this, then the prompt will not be displayed until the next version of RingCentral for Skype for Business is available.
[back to top]