Key Features & Benefits
- Employees travel from different offices can share the same common phone and desk while keeping their own extension profiles and voicemail access
- Enable companies to save cost by allowing employees to login shared phones and still remain productive
- Reduce investment in facilities and hardware
- Hot Desking is available at no additional charge to all RingCentral Office Premium and Ultimate customers in the US, UK, Canada, EU, and Australia.
- Hot Desking is available with Rental Phones
- Hot Desking only works for extensions with DigitalLines. If a user tries to log in using his extension (without a DigitalLine), they will hear a message “The extension you entered is invalid.”
- Hot Desking feature is not available for Global Office sites
- Hot Desking is not available by default for Standard Edition customers
- The host phones will not support any inbound and outbound calling without a guest user logged (except for Emergency calling)
Manage Hot Desking
Administrators can log in to the RingCentral Online account, then configure and manage hot desking devices by going to the Admin Portal > Phone and Devices tab.