RingCentral Limited Extension Overview
The RingCentral Limited Extension is an extension with limited features. Limited Extension is available for RingCentral Office Standard, Premium or Ultimate
Key Features and Benefits
• Allows RingCentral Administrators the flexibility to purchase limited extensions for several common area phones that are not tied to a specific user (conference room, lobby, break room etc.)
• Limited feature set; Primarily used for making & receiving calls
• Administrators can control whether or not international calls are allowed
• Phone service with cloud call management/ extension calling
• Caller ID Setup
• Local Digital Line phone number/ device
• No Softphone/ RingCentral Phone or RingCentral Phone for Mobile use supported.
• No mailbox.
• Intercom paging is not supported.
• Switched off by default, contact RingCentral to enable adding a limited extension on your account:
• Faxing is NOT supported for Limited Extensions.
1. What is the difference between this extension type and a user extension?
This extension has limited features and is not tied to a User.
2. Does a Limited Extension count towards an account's number of extensions; for example if you have 19 users and add a Limited Extension, does the account now have 20 Digital Lines?
No. A Limited Extension does not count toward the plan.
3. Can I assign a regular User’s Unlimited Digital Line to a Limited Extension?
No. It is not possible to assign regular User’s Unlimited Digital Line to Limited Extension. Also, you cannot assign a Limited Extension Digital Line to a regular User
4. Can you put additional Virtual numbers on a Limited Extension?
5. How are the incoming calls to a Limited Extension handled?
The incoming call will be ringing for a pre-defined duration of 20 seconds on the device assigned to the Limited Extension. If not answered, it will be routed to a configurable Announcement and then be disconnected.
NOTE: A Limited Extension does not have a VoiceMail Box.
6. The User did not receive an email to activate the Limited Extension. How do I resend the Activation Email?