Participants in RingCentral Rooms can use one-click direct screen sharing from RingCentral Meetings for Desktop. Proximity sharing enables the iPad controller to generate an ultrasonic signal that can be detected by the RingCentral Meetings for Desktop and automatically connect to the RingCentral Rooms iPad Controller when a participant clicks Share Screen.
• RingCentral Rooms version 5.1
• RingCentral Rooms iPad Controller version 5.1
• RingCentral Meetings for Desktop 5.1
• Enable Proximity Sharing on your RingCentral Online Account
Enable Proximity Sharing on your RingCentral Online Account
Go to Tools
Go to RingCentral Rooms > General Settings
Scroll down to Advance settings
and tick the checkbox beside Automatic direct sharing using ultrasonic proximity signal
to enable the feature.
You can now instantly share screen from a desktop when proximity signal is detected. Click the Share screen button on the RingCentral Meetings for Desktop.
If proximity sharing failed, just enter the Meeting ID or the Sharing Key and click Share on the Share Screen window
• If you enter the Sharing Key, your desktop will be displayed on the RingCentral Rooms TV.
• If you enter the Meeting ID, the sharing screen opens, where you can choose a window or application to share. The shared window or application will be displayed when they click Share.