The Call Queue Overflow feature allows the other incoming calls to be routed to another Call Queue where other Users can assist them; the rest of the unanswered calls will be routed to voicemail.
Key aspects include:
• Queue Trigger - If the primary queue lines are all busy, overflow calls can go to the extended queue allowing more calls to be answered. The primary call queue should be configured using the Rotating and In fixed order call sequence.
• Call Flow Behavior - Overflow management follows the settings for the original Call Queue. Set-up policies for the primary queue will persist including: Call Handling Timers, Greetings, Voicemail, After Hours Settings. Calls to a Call Queue with overflow are handled as an extended single Call Queue. The members in the overflow queue will always be called on Rotation sequence.
• Call Flow Setup - Settings are configured in the online account with an additional UI presented. Feature can be enabled/disabled as needed once created.
IMPORTANT: The Simultaneous protocol is not supported in the meantime. Small delays in ringing each User's phone would likely cause issues such as continuous ringing for some users after the call is answered.
This feature is available to RingCentral Office Premium and Office Ultimate plan users.
Comparison with Call Forwarding
The table below summarizes the difference between Overflow Call Queue and Call Forwarding.
Overflow Call Queue
Use to forward calls to another group of people when the primary call queue members are on active calls.
Use to route calls from an extension to another phone or mobile number or to a different extension.
Calls are handled as they come.
Calls are handled during business hours, after hours or multiple condition rules.
Supports Rotating and In fixed order protocols
Supports Sequential and Simultaneous ringing.
Supports up to 25 calls waiting in the queue.
Lets you add up to 10 forwarding numbers for each extension assigned to you.
1. Primary call queue that has been set to either Fixed or Rotating function.
2. Overflow call queue that has been created and enabled.
How to access Overflow Call Queue
1. Log in to the RingCentral online account.
2. Go to Admin Portal > Phone System > Groups.
3. Click Call Queues and select the queue where the Overflow Call Queue/s will be added to.
4. Click Call Handling & Members.
5. Click the More icon and select Overflow on the drop down list.
Refer to the following links to learn how to configure Call Queue settings:
Call Queue Details
How to create a Call Queue group
How to add a direct number to your Group
NOTE: Only Administrators can add Direct Numbers. Call Queue Managers will only be able to view Direct Numbers.
Greeting & Hold Music
Call Queue - Admin: Uploading Custom Greetings
Call Handling & Members
Call Queue - Assigning Overflow Call Queues
Call Queue - Enabling or Disabling Overflow Call Queues
Call Queue - Set Up Call Handling for Business Hours and After Hours
Setting Up Advanced Call Handling Rules of a Call Queue group
Setting up the Holiday Hours of a Call Queue group
Call Queue - Setting Maximum Hold Time
Messages & Notifications
Call Queue - Updating the Messages and Notification Settings