How to record your User Name
You can spell out the name the way it sounds to help the system operator, or you can record the name in your own voice and use it for announcements instead.
This article assumes that you are already logged in to your RingCentral Online account, and on the Settings > User Details section.
1. On the User Details section, click Edit below Record User Name under the General tab,
2. You can set Record by RingCentral text-to-speech or Record my name.
• If you set to RingCentral text-to-speech, enter your name in the text field below Greeting Name, and then click Save.
NOTE: You need to spell out the name the way it sounds to help the system pronounce it correctly. For example, you can enter "John Smith one oh one" so the system will mention John Smith 101.
• If you select Record my name, you have the option to record it by following the prompts on the phone, or by recording it straight from your computer microphone, or by uploading a .wav or .mp3 file. Click Save when done.
NOTE: Recommended audio formats include the following:
• CCITT u-Law (G711a), 8kHz, 8 bit, mono
• PCM, 8kHz, 16 bit, mono
3. Click Save once more to confirm changes.
User Settings - User - Set User Details | RingCentral