The Salesforce integration allows you to share any object from Salesforce, be it a lead, an opportunity or even a custom object, right in the conversation stream on Glip.
The steps below will guide you on how to set up Salesforce integration. You need to be logged in to your Glip and Salesforce account as an Administrator
to complete the setup.
In your Glip account
, click Integrations > Salesforce
A pop-up window will appear. You may follow the instructions on the window or continue with the steps below.
In your Salesforce account, click on your name, and then click Setup.
Under Build, Click Create > Apps.
On the Apps page, scroll down to Connected Apps section and click New to create a new connected app.
You should now see the New Connected App page.
In the Basic Information section, enter a Connected App Name, API Name, and your email address.
In the API (Enable OAuth Settings) section, check the box to Enable OAuth settings.
This will display the following form.
In the Callback URL box, enter the following two URLs:
Select the following OAuth Scopes below. Click on them in the Available OAuth Scopes list, and then click the right-arrow button to move them over to the Selected OAuth Scopes list.
• Access and manage your data (api)
• Full access (full)
• Perform requests on your behalf at any time (refresh_token, offline_access)
If your company use Single-Sign-on (SSO) to access Salesforce, you need to enable SAML. Check the box in the Web App Settings section. Then, fill out the rest of the section as follow.
• Start URL - SAML entry point.
• Entity ID - ID of the SAML service provider.
• ACS URL - Assertion consumer service URL.
• Enable Single Logout - Allow users to logout of SSO when logging out of Salesforce.
• Subject Type - Primary identifier.
• Name ID Format - Format of identification.
• Issuer - Domain of cert issuer.
• IdP Certificate - Certification to be used during handshakes.
• Verify Signatures - Use certs to verify requests.
• Encrypt Response - Send encrypted responses.
NOTE: You may skip this step if your company does not use SSO to access Salesforce.
Copy the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret from Salesforce and enter them into the fields provided in Glip, and then click Enable Salesforce.
It may take a few minutes for Salesforce to process the necessary data, by then you will be able to start sharing Salesforce objects right in the conversation stream on Glip.
See Using the Salesforce Integration on how to use the integration.