Table of Contents
1. What is the Contact Center Cloud Storage Services?
Contact Center Storage Services is an elastic, micro-services solution that provides cost effective, reliable, and secure short-term and long-term file storage in the cloud.2. What services are available?
Contact Center Cloud Storage Services is comprised of four functional modules:
• Active Storage – provides short-term file storage optimized for quick searching and rapid access.
• Long-term Storage – provides cost-effective long-term storage for file archiving requirements.
• Long-term Storage Retrieval – provides metadata-based search capabilities to locate and retrieve files from long-term storage.
• Secure External Access – provides a secure and reliable method for extracting files from both short-term and long-term storage.
3. What business benefits does this provide?
Contact Center Cloud Storage Services provides several key benefits to your operation:
• Streamline archiving processes with seamless file transfer from short-term to long-term storage and without the need to implement and maintain external processes and file transfer methods.
• Automate retention processes by automatically purging files when they are no longer needed as defined by the file’s time to live setting.
• Seamlessly access long-term storage by easily locating and retrieving files within the RingCentral Contact Center solution using comprehensive metadata search capabilities.
• Enhance security with comprehensive access controls, state-of-the-art encryption technology, and built-in secure access functionality.
• Improve reliability with a highly durable micro-services architecture that elastically scales to meet demand.
• Lower storage costs by eliminating the need to implement and maintain a separate storage infrastructure for long-term storage requirements.
4. Is Contact Center Cloud Storage Services generally available with the 17.1 release?
Yes, with the following exceptions:
• Customers with a requirement to store files locally.
• Customers outside of the US.
• Customers with HIPAA requirements (until BAA with third-party provider is signed).
5. How long does it take for a 1GB of files to transfer from Active Storage to Long Term Storage?
Approximately 10 - 15 mins to complete the transfer of 1GB of files from Active Storage to Long Term Storage.6. How long do files remain in each storage repository?
The time that files exist in storage is user configurable. There are separate time to live (TTL) settings for active and long-term storage. Time to live settings are also configurable by type of file (e.g. call vs. screen recordings). If time to live is not specified, files will be retained indefinitely.7. Are files automatically purged after their “time to live” expires?
When the active storage time to live has expired, files may either be automatically purged from the system or migrated into long-term storage if it is available. When the long-term storage time to live expires, files are automatically purged. Files may also be automatically migrated to secure external access from either storage location. 8. Can I manually migrate or purge files?
No, that is only controlled by the TTL setting.9. Can I extract files for storage elsewhere if desired?
With our current storage solution, users that need to retain files for multiple months or years have to extract it and store it elsewhere. We recommend that users now utilize Long-term Storage to meet these business requirements as it provides many advantages over alternative storage methods. If required however, Secure External Access provides an integrated, secure method of extracting files from active or long-term storage. FTP file transfers will not be supported for RingCentral Contact Center Cloud Storage Services.10. How can I set up the Secure External Access Credentials?
Secure External Access (SEA) allows you to securely retrieve files from active storage for you to save to your own server. You are only allowed one set of SEA credentials per business unit. Follow these steps to set up your SEA credentials for the first time:
a. Click Admin > Folders & Files > Secure External Access.
11. How can I generate a New Secure External Access Key?
b. Click Create New. The File Location, Access Key ID, and Secret Access Key automatically generate.
c. Copy the needed Access Key ID and Secret Access Key as needed. If the 60-second window where both values are displayed ends before you can save them, click Show.
d. Once you have retrieved stored files and added them to the SEA file location, plug the file location and access key information into a third party FTP tool or a script to access the files.
Follow these steps to generate a New Secure External Access Key:
a. Click Admin > Folders & Files > Secure External Access.
12. How long are files retained in Secure External Access?
b. Click Edit.
c. Click Generate Key. You have 60 seconds to do so. If you do not click Generate Key before the time limit, click Edit again.
d. Click Yes in the confirmation window.
e. Copy the Access Key ID and Secret Access Key as needed.
f. Once you have retrieved stored files and added them to the SEA file location, plug the file location and access key information into a third party FTP tool or a script to access the files.
Once files are moved into Secure External access, users have 30 days to extract them. Files not moved out after 30 days will be automatically purged.13. What happens when files are extracted from Secure External Access?
When files are moved out by the user, they are purged from Secure External Access storage.14. Is there a charge for Secure External Access?
Files stored in Secure External Access is charged at the same per-GB rate as Additional Active Storage until it is moved or purged.15. How can I search and retrieve files from long-term storage?
Files in long-term storage preserve associated metadata fields (ANI, DNIS, agent, team, skill, campaign, group, start date, contact ID, file type) so that information can be used to search and retrieve files in long-term storage. Retrieved files will be moved to active storage for a user-specified time and then moved back to long-term storage.16.How can you search for multiple Contact IDs?
We can only have 1 entry for Contact ID in the File Retrieval settings. If you have multiple Contact IDs, you need to use the date range, and select the dates that covers the contact IDs.17. What happens to my current files?
When RingCentral Contact Center Cloud Storage Services are implemented, your current files are automatically migrated to the new storage system. 18.Is there a way to migrate the FTP’s Call Recordings to the Long Term Storage?
No, Cloud storage does not have the intelligence to connect to FTP location.19. How is security maintained when files are transferred to/from storage?
Files are securely encrypted during transfer and are transmitted via a secure connection.20. How is security maintained when files are stored?
Files are securely encrypted during storage with a BU/tenant-level encryption key. Access is also controlled via system security profile settings and a BU/tenant-level encryption key.21. Is Cloud Storage Services PCI-compliant?
Yes, RingCentral Contact Center Cloud Storage Services is compliant with PCI-DSS regulations.22. I have a Business Associate Agreement (BAA), how does this affect that?
RingCentral Contact Center is working to execute a BAA with our third-party cloud infrastructure provider. Once that agreement is signed, we will be able to support HIPAA requirements.23. Is cloud storage available with all of the Contact Center interaction recording platforms?
Support for the Contact Center Cloud Storage Services is not universal across all of the recording platforms. The table below provides additional details:
See Also:RingCentral Contact Center Cloud Storage Services
|Recording Platform||Available||Active Storage||Long-term Storage||Secure External Access|
|Contact Center ACD||Yes||All file types, except chat, prompts, and hold music||Call Recordings||Call Recordings|
|Contact Center WFO (v16.1 and higher||Yes||All file types||N/A||N/A|
|Contact Center WFO (v5.7 and lower)||No|| || || |