Call Switch | Overview | RingCentral
Call Switch Benefits
• Efficiency: Quicker operative functionality reduces time needed to switch and pick up a call on a receiving device.
• Better User Experience: Minimizes interruptions of ongoing calls; enables professionalism throughout call experience.
• Call Switch is only supported when VoIP is turned on. If VoIP is turned off, user will be asked to turn it on in order to continue.
• Call Switch is not supported if current user has multiple VoIP calls in progress. The banner will be hidden. This constraint is added in order to avoid confusion when switching a local-audio-mixed conferencing from Desktop app.
• An on-hold call will be removed from hold after switching to another endpoint.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What if the endpoint a User is trying to switch a call to is offline?
The Call Switch feature is initiated on the receiving end – this functionality guarantees that the app a user is switching to cannot be offline.
2. What is the difference between Call Switch and Call Flip?
Call Switch enables switching ongoing calls between RingCentral endpoints, exclusively. Call Flip enables a user to flip an ongoing call between any devices connected to a digital line, including home phones, desk phones, and smartphones that are not equipped with the RingCentral Office app. For more information go to Difference between Call Switch and Call Flip