The RingCentral Archiver
application lets archival of RingCentral artifacts like voicemail
, call recordings
Once the connection to a specific cloud storage is established the archival process begins and the selected artifacts are archived to the defined cloud storage.
1. Providing the connection parameters on Service Web (from the menu Tools->Archiver under Accounts section).
2. Enabling backup from Sync Options
3. Selecting the artifacts to be archived from the “Sync Option” section.NOTE:
The supported cloud storage accounts are Dropbox
, and Google Drive
. See RingCentral Archiver: Saving Call Logs, Voicemail, and Fax in to 3rd Party Storage Providers
, for more information.
Once the setup is complete RingCentral creates a folder structure. The Existing Folder Structure is complicated with duplication of extension sub-folder.
Existing Folder Structure
Simplified Folder Structure
The new Simplified Folder Structure aims to answer the complexities of the Existing Folder Structure.
Here are some of the changes in the new simplified folder structure:
● Currently when archival is configured through admin account for all extensions the call recordings for the extensions go under the admin folder. With the simplified structure all the extensions will be under the “RingCentral Archiver v2.0” folder irrespective whether it is configured as admin or as an individual extension.
● No Inbound and Outbound folders under call recording. Both inbound and outbound calls will be in the same “call recording” folder.
● Date folder is moved to a higher level instead of having a date subfolder for each type.NOTE:
Also please note the current RingCentral Applications
folder where the data is being archived will be either renamed or moved to a different folder named backup
and the archival of the data post deployment will go into the new RingCentral Archiver
Side-By-Side Visual comparison of the folder structure