Audio Issues with Latest Windows 10 Update
The Windows 10 version 1803 delivered new features and options. This also introduced system audio settings, wherein system Microphone is switched OFF by default. This update affects User experience with RingCentral Phone for desktop.
RingCentral Phone for desktop cannot access the audio subsystem. Users will experience sound issues, such as the following:
• Not able to make or receive calls
• Not able to listen to voicemails
• RingCentral Phone for desktop in Windows 10 with version 1803
• Does not affect RingCentral Phone for desktop in Mac
For Users that have not updated to Windows 10 version 1803:
• Skip the update until Microsoft produces a fix.
For Users that have updated to Windows 10 version 1803:
If you have installed the update, do the following steps:
1. Press Windows Key + I and click Privacy.
2. Click Microphone and under Let apps use my microphone, toggle the button to On.
NOTE: You can also manually toggle the button to ON for apps under Choose apps that can use your microphone.
3. Restart your computer to successfully apply changes.
If issue is not fixed, do System Recovery:
1. Click the Start or Windows icon and type CMD.
2. Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator (called an elevated command prompt).
3. Enter sfc /scannow.
4. Wait until scan is complete.
NOTE: In some cases this procedure needs to be repeated up to three times in order to resolve all of the issues.
5. Restart your computer to successfully apply changes.