Block Incoming Calls and Faxes | RingCentral Online Account
• When a number is added to the blocked numbers list, it blocks all incoming calls, faxes and SMS/MMS messages from that number.
• When Users block a number, it is only applied to the extension where they are logged in.
• If the Super Admin blocks a number while logged in to the System Extension (the main extension of the account), it is applied to all extensions in the account; which means that the blocked number is prevented from calling any number associated with the account.
The following behavior are observed when a number is added to a User's blocked list:
• The User/ Extension who added a number to its blocked list can still call and send faxes to a blocked number.
• The User/ Extension who added a number to its blocked list will be unable to send a text message to a blocked number and will get an error message Message not delivered. The recipient number is not valid.
• The blocked number will NOT get any message or indicator that the text message sent to the User/ Extension is blocked/not sent.
NOTE: The option to block SMS or MMS ONLY is currently NOT available.
To request for the option to block SMS or MMS only, you can Submit a request for a new Idea or Feature via the RingCentral Community. If you want to disable the SMS or MMS feature on one or multiple RingCentral local numbers on your account, please contact RingCentral Customer Support by clicking on the links below.
• RingCentral US
• RingCentral Canada
• RingCentral UK
Setting up blocked calls for Users and Administrators:
Admin: Set up a User's Blocked Calls
User: Configure Blocked Calls