Call Not Connecting - Check Blocked calls settings
There are instances when some callers will hear the message "I'm sorry. The number you dialed can not be reached from your calling area. Goodbye." when they call the main number. Others may not hear the message at all — the line keeps ringing a few times, then becomes silent, neither connecting nor giving a busy signal. This happens when extension/s have call blocking enabled and have this message set as the default.
Follow the steps below to check the Blocked calls settings on the account's extensions.
1. Log in to the RingCentral Online account.
2. Click Users.
3. Click the User or Extension's name.
4. Click Screening, Greeting & Hold Music.
5. Click Blocked Calls.
6. Review the Block option. Make sure it is set to Specific calls and faxes.
7. Delete the blocked number/s.
8. Check the Block option below Block calls with no caller ID. Make sure it is set to None.
9. Click Save.
NOTE: The system mailbox on the account works as a master block list. If a number on the system mailbox is blocked, it will be blocked for all Users. If you block callers with no caller ID on the system mailbox, it will be blocked for all Users, regardless of the Users' extension settings.
Number/s blocked in the system mailbox can be unblocked by clicking My Extension > Settings > Screening, Greeting & Hold Music > Blocked Calls in the menu.
Admin: Set up a User's Blocked Calls
User: Configure Blocked Calls | RingCentral