Deskphones | Deskphone won't turn when using Power over Ethernet (PoE)
Using Power over Ethernet (PoE) with desk phones
• A PoE compatible and compliant Switch or Router is required.
• When a desk phone has a power adapter plugged in, it will not attempt to get power from the Ethernet cable.
• When a desk phone has only an Ethernet cable plugged in, it will attempt to get power from the Ethernet cable.
• Desk phones are auto-configured to use the correct power level using 802.3af, which all unmanaged & managed switches support by default.
Troubleshooting steps to resolve No power issue when using Power over Ethernet (PoE)
1. Make sure to use a working ethernet cable.
2. Make sure that the ethernet cable is securely plugged in to the LAN port at the back of phone.
3. Make sure to plug the other end of the ethernet cable into a working ethernet port on a router/switch.
4. Plug the phone to a known good port on the PoE Router/Switch (preferrably a port which has a device connected to it that is powered on by the PoE source, to make sure the port is working).
5. Use another ethernet cable.
6. Plug an AC power adapter to the phone. If the phone turns on using AC power, contact your local IT to fix your network. If the phone does not turn on using AC power, then the phone needs to be replaced.