Fax - Analog Telephone Adapter | Configure the Fax Number Assigned to the ATA
IMPORTANT: Please call our Customer Support Hotline and ask to have the Analog Telephone Adapter's Digital Line number be changed to a fax line in our system. This step can only be done using our Customer Support's internal tools. When done, follow the steps enumerated below to set up your Analog Telephone Adapter's Phone Number Type.
NOTE: This is the third step in setting up your ATA device for Sending and Receiving Faxes. for more information, go to Fax - Analog Telephone Adapter | Set up ATA | Send and Receive Faxes | RingCentral.
1. Log in as an Administrator to your RingCentral Online Account.
2. Go to Phone System > Phones & Devices.
3. Click on the number assigned to the Analog Telephone Adapter.
4. You will be able to see your Analog Telephone Adapter's details; it's Serial Number (will only show once provisioned/delivered), the extension where it is assigned to, it's phone number, it's Bandwidth settings and it's Emergency Address.
Under Assigned To, click on the View link right next to the Phone Number assigned to the device.
5. To view the number details, you will navigate away from the Phones view and will be taken to the Phone Numbers view. To proceed, click Yes.
6. The number type controls what activity the phone number can receive. The default type is Voice and Fax which enables the phone number to accept both phone calls and faxes. Selecting Voice Only enables the phone number to route fax calls directly to the fax machine connected to the Analog Telephone Adapter.
7. Click Save.