Fax - Analog Telephone Adapter | Purchase an ATA Device
Purchasing an Analog Telephone Adapter can be done online via the RingCentral Online account, or by contacting RingCentral Sales
for assistance. All Analog Telephone Adapters (ATA) purchased from RingCentral are pre-configured and ready for use when plugged in to your network.NOTE:
This is the second step in setting up your ATA device for Sending and Receiving Faxes. for more information, go to Fax - Analog Telephone Adapter | Set up ATA | Send and Receive Faxes | RingCentral
1. Log in as an Administrator to your RingCentral online account
2. On the Admin Portal
Go to Phone System
> Phones & Devices
3. Select User Phones
, and then click Add Device
4. Select Domestic
for the fax machine's location.
5. Select the Fax Machine's Extension, and then click Next
6. Choose Cisco SPA-122 ATA
, then click Add to Cart
When you click Add to Cart
, the device will be added to your Order list where you can specify the number of devices to be shipped. To proceed with your order, click Next
. The price for a Digital Line
depends on your current plan. After the order gets confirmed and paid, the device will be sent to your shipping address.
7. You will be given 2 options for your device's number. a. Use an Existing Number from your account -
You can select any non-Toll-Free number assigned to either your Company Auto-Receptionist, or Special Extensions on your account. Before you assign an existing number to your device, make sure that the number is not being used for any purpose. NOTE:
A Special Extension can either be a Message-Only Extension
or an Announcement-Only Extension
.b. Purchase a New Number for your account -
You can purchase a Phone number to be assigned as a Digital Line to your Existing device.
8. Select the device where you want to assign the number by ticking the box next to it, and then click Assign to Selected
9. The Phone number assigned to the device is shown. Click Next
10. Select the Emergency Address that will be assigned to the device.
• If you have set an Emergency Address for a device before, you can select it from the drop-down menu.
• If the Emergency Address for this device you are adding is different from a previously set Emergency Address, click New
11. When you select New
, the page will redirect to a window where you can Add new Emergency Address
Fill out the Emergency Calling Address form.
Make sure you read the terms and conditions, then tick the checkbox to Accept the Terms, and then click I Accept
Use the address where your Desk phone is located. DO NOT
include special characters in the Customer Name field.IMPORTANT: This is the address that will be used in the event of an emergency call (911 in the United States and Canada, 999/112 in the United Kingdom, and such other Emergency Call Services as applicable in other countries) from this Analog Telephone Adapter. Be sure to update this address anytime you change the location where you use this Analog Telephone Adapter.
12. Select the device where the Emergency Address will be applied, and then click on Assign to Selected
13. Click Next
14. Select the Shipping Address for your order from the drop-down list. If you are unable to find the correct Shipping address on the drop-down list, you can add a New Shipping Address by clicking on New
If you click New
to add a new Shipping Address, the page will redirect to a window where you can add a new Shipping Address. You can click Save address
so you can use it in the future, and then click Add
15. Select the Existing Device
, and then click Create Shipping Group
16. Click Next
17. Tick the checkbox to acknowledge and accept the charges for your order, and then click Next
18. Click Done.
NOTE: To check the Status of your order, go to Checking the Shipping Status of Ordered Phones | RingCentral Online Account.