Check Status - Sent Fax
When you send or schedule a fax, the fax message is saved in your Outbox folder until it is answered by the Receiving Fax number.
1. If you are a User with no Administrator access, click the Messages tab on your RingCentral Online account.
If you are an Administrator, you have to switch to My Extension view, then click the Messages tab.
2. Click Outbox.
3. RingCentral will need to process and convert your fax message into a format that regular fax machines can read before sending. You can still cancel your fax message before it is sent or answered by the receiving number.
IMPORTANT: If the view button on a fax message is illuminated, it means that RingCentral has started to send it. Once RingCentral has attempted to send your fax message, it can no longer be cancelled even after deleting it from your Outbox folder. When the fax failed to send on the 1st attempt, RingCentral will automatically attempt to resend the fax within 5-10 mins after the attempt. This is useful when the Recipient's number is busy. When the fax still fails to send on the 2nd attempt, RingCentral will resend the fax for the last time and marks it as failed when it still fails on the 3rd attempt.
NOTE: When your fax message has been sent successfully, the fax will disappear from the Outbox folder and move to the Sent items folder. When the fax message failed to send (3rd attempt), it stays in the Outbox folder so you can attempt to resend at a later time.
For more information on why the fax sending failed, you can check the Call Log section of your account. For detailed information about Call Log, you can go to Call Log Overview. For a quick overview, scroll down.
The example below shows the Call Log section filtered to show the status of Sent Faxes .
1. Under the Call Log section, open the Advanced Features, filter the following information and click the Show button.
• Date: You can specify the date or choose to show logs for the last 7, 30 or 60 days.
• Type of Call: Select Fax
• Direction: You can choose to show Inbound, Outbound or Both.
2. On the sample log below, it shows the Recipient's Fax Number under the Phone Number column, and the status of the sent fax under Results. When you hover your mouse over the result, you will get a bubble showing more information about the result.
Fax Troubleshooting Checklist | RingCentral
Scan to Fax | RingCentral Phone