Resolve Partially Sent and Received Fax Issues
Where to view received faxes
Fax sent to main company number
Fax would be found in the Super Admin extension's Inbox (Ext 101). Log In to your RingCentral Account as Super Admin (Ext 101) > Select My Extension > Messages > Inbox.
Fax sent to extension's direct phone number
Fax would be found in that specific extension's Inbox (ex, Ext 106). Log In to your RingCentral Account using the User Extension's credentials > My Extension > Messages > Inbox.
For more details: Fax - Where to view received faxes
Partially Received Faxes
You might receive partial faxes, such as incomplete pages or pages are cut off. Faxing has known limitations when implemented as a Fax-over-IP service. These limitations are technology-based and industry-wide.
Follow the steps below to help RingCentral Support isolate where the issue is coming from.
1. Check your Received Fax History via the Call Log section on your RingCentral Online account
• This is to determine if the partial faxes are being received from a single number only. See Filtering Call Log to learn how.
• If you have access to the sending machine (the machine from where you received the partial fax),
• lower the baud rate to 9600 and
• turn off Error Correction Mode and/or Overseas Mode.
NOTE: Steps may depend on the Fax Machine model.
2. If the faxes are being forwarded to your RingCentral Fax Number from a different carrier, have the sender send a fax message directly to your RingCentral Fax Number.
3. If issue is happening on multiple sending numbers, gather samples that is from within the last 24 hours for possible carrier escalation. Please Contact RingCentral Support for assistance.
Partially Sent Faxes
• Ensure that the attached files are supported. For more information, go to Supported File Attachments for Faxes.
• The file name of attached files should not include ampersands (e.g. &) or other special characters.
• Ensure that the attachment does not exceed 200 pages.
• Ensure that the combined size of all attachments do not exceed 20 MB.
Please check below if you're experiencing other issues.
Frequently Asked Questions