Fax - Unable to open faxes on RingCentral Phone for Desktop
Issue #1: No default application to open file
To resolve this issue, you will need to set a default application for opening PDF and TIFF files on your computer.
IMPORTANT: Download and install Adobe Acrobat Reader. Though there are some PDF Readers available on the internet, RingCentral strongly suggests to use Adobe Acrobat Reader. Adobe Acrobat Reader is a free software and can be downloaded from Adobe's website.
1. Click the windows logo and select Control Panel.
2. On the Control Panel menu, click Default Programs.
3. Select Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
4. Search for the file type .pdf. Click Change program and select Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
5.Tick the Always use the selected program to open this kind of file checkbox.
6. Click OK.
1. On your keyboard, press the Windows button + i together.
2. On the Windows Settings click Apps.
3. On the left pane, click Default apps, and then click Choose default applications by file type.
4. Search for the file type .pdf.
5. Click the current program and change it to Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
Issue #2: Application functionality is currently limited. You are only able to make and receive calls. The application will be fully operational momentarily.
This happens when there is a large amount of data (messages) that needs to be synced from your RingCentral Online account. The RingCentral Phone's status will also show as Offline. Follow the steps below to resolve.
1. Make sure to update to the latest version of the RingCentral Phone. See Updating the version of RingCentral Phone for more information.
2. Delete older recordings or messages from the extension via your RingCentral Online account, or try waiting until message downloading is finished.
NOTE: If the above steps failed to resolve your issue, please Contact RingCentral Support for assistance.